New to MSC

AlbertusMagnus

In the past, I have sailed on Raddison, Seabourne, Crystal and many times on Costa. I enjoyed the smaller more exclusive cruises, but needed more action, so I went to larger ships. I really loved Costa, but I have exhausted most of their cruise routes. I am interested in learning more about MSC, the other Italian line. How would you rate it. On the Orchestra, there are only about 20 suites, as best as I can see. Does one get butler service in the suites.

Any information would be appreciated.

I have posted a review about our wonderful trip on the Lirica...just returned last week. loved it.

I have been on many mega ships but actually prefered this.

don't know about butler service and didn't have a suite.

liked our ocean view cabin...would defintly sail this line again.

See my thread on this board, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=723319

I've answered most of your questions. (Be sure to continue to p. 2.) MSC is planning to have some VIP services and a VIP lounge for suite passengers, but they didn't have it yet on the Orchestra. Also, in my March 4, 2008 posting on that thread, I provided the square footage of the suites. They may not be the size to which you are accustomed. But they may be a lot less expensive than some of the other cruise lines you mentioned.

Archived