HMC Cabana really worth the $$$?

INdisneyfamily

One of our group in November (SamIam) rented a cabana with her mom and said it was fantastic. I beleive hers was a few down the beach. Also, I don't think that you have much say unless they aren't sold out - it's a first come first served type of thing. Of course, if you are the first in line at the excursions desk for the cabanas, you would most likely get to pick out the one you want.

Having been to HMC with & without a Cabana, I definitely recommend getting one. I think it's worth ever penny. You get snacks & soft drinks. You have a little air conditioned spot. You have chairs, floats, snorkel gear & a shower. But best of all, you have your very own space. We had #2 & loved it. But I've read where many folks prefer to be farther down the beach, especially when lots of kids are cruising.

YES! We got #14 (red) on our cruise in February. It was the 2nd to last one. It was stocked with food, water, and sodas, so we didn't even need to walk to the crowded end of the beach for lunch! Shower for rinsing off, floats for lying around in the water, and snorkle equipment, too! It's actually only $220, and we split it between 2 couples. The only drawback was there were only 2 beach chairs that can fit on the deck, but we were so far down the beach that we could find empty chairs on the beach. Also, it only "fits" 4 people, so if you're a big group, that could be a problem. They do have one larger cabana for over 1000 that you can rent for large groups.

You can't reserve prior to the cruise, so we were at the port bright and early, and ended up being first in line at the excursion desk. We only waited an hour for them to open =)

Kathryn

Please convince me that the cabana is really worth $200+.....if I fall for it what #/color should I try to get? Thanks for any info! :)

For me it was definitely worth the money. We were on HMC on one of the rare occasions where there were 2 ships there on the same day. I knew the beach would be crowded, and it was. We had the yellow cabana which is near the far end, so there weren't a lot of people in front of us. :D

If all you want to do is swim in the water, play in the sand, and relax then a cabana is a first class way to spend the day, IMO.

If you are on carnival, you can't reserved your cabana ahead of time. You can only reserve them once you are on the ship. Most people say they won't let you pick, but I have also read a few posts where the poster was allowed a choice, so it is a YMMV kind of thing. If you know which cabana you want, definitely ASK if you can reserve that one. All they can say is no.

If you are sailing on HAL, you can and should reserve your cabana ahead of time online. They sell out quickly. I had a choice of 3 out of 15 cabana on the second day they were available online for our sailing.

Cabanas in order photo

MY HMC Photo Gallery

Archived