Just off the Golden the Ozbuc version

ozbuc

Since I was beaten by JungleJane and a few other cruisers about the Mexican Riviera cruise of 3/8 I will add my experiences that differ from theirs. To start with we were hit by the upgrade fairy twice, we reserved cabin E208 and about a month before the cruise we got upgraded to A703 both being balcony cabins then about a few weeks later we got upgraded to a mini suite, D208. Our cabin steward Jerry Tuazan was always there with a great attitude and did what ever he could to make our cruise enjoyable.

We ate the majority of our meals in the Canaletto Dining room where all of our meals were great. Our waiter Alfonso Tesoro was always there when we needed something. I have to give a special note here about Alfonso, I am diabetic and can't eat potatoes or rice, after informing him of that he would always remember to substitute an extra vegetable without me reminding him. About the coffee, our first two cruises aboard the Dawn and the Island the coffee was undrinkable but on the Golden it was good, just good, but good none the less. We were offered coffee every evening by our waiter.

We don't usually take tours, instead we just love to blindly stumble through the cities on our own, though in Mazatlan we did take a tour and enjoyed it. Two items I was looking to find were Mexican wine and coffee, found both, wine was ok coffee was great.

All our other experiences on the cruise pretty much mirrors the other posters here so the only thing left to do is post my pics of the cruise but I am having a slow connection problem so look for a post titled ozbucs pics of Golden Mexican Riviera cruise later tonight or tomorrow.

Photos of our trip to the M.R. on the Golden can be found at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozbuc/sets/

if the link doesn't work then just cut and paste it to your browser. Please be advised that I have not had the time to put a description on these pics as of yet but will soon. The pics that look like they were taken from a ship were taken from the ship, all others are embarkation, disembarkation or one of the 3 cities.

Archived