Suit for 9yr. olds on formal night???

selth

My twin boys have suits that fit (from their First Communion) and I wasn't sure if I should bring the jacket OR just the shirt/tie/pants combo for formal nights. They ripped these suits off so fast after their one time wearing them that I'm sure they will not enjoy the whole "dress up" thing. I was hoping to get a family picture out of the formal night attire but I'm not sure what to do.

We're on the Valor leaving 3/23 and there will be 2 formal nights.

I'm starting to pack tomorrow and I would really appreciate any input!!!:p

I had my 9 yr old wear his suit for the first formal dinner. He complained about it. I told him that if he wore it and did a good job takiong family pictures- he could just wear a shirt and tie the second formal. He agreed.

I let him change his clothes after dinner.

The second formal night- he decided to wear the suit again.

My son wears the jacket and tie, but I must say, he is in the minority. Still, kids have so few occasions to dress up, especially boys. I personally think it's good that he understands there are times when extra effort if required.

My twin boys ( 7) wore their black suits with tux vest and ties we bought at a tux rental shop for $10. They love it. They look just like their dad in his tux. They wanted to wear them again to the school dance this past Sat.

I guess im lucky that I have two that would rather wear polo type or button up shirts over t shirts.

I had my 9 yr old wear his suit for the first formal dinner. He complained about it. I told him that if he wore it and did a good job takiong family pictures- he could just wear a shirt and tie the second formal. He agreed.

I let him change his clothes after dinner.

The second formal night- he decided to wear the suit again.

Great Idea:)

Maybe once they see everyone else dressed up they'll be cooperative? I don't want to pack all of these formal clothes and not have them wear it. My DH and I can be pretty persuasive.

My twin boys have suits that fit (from their First Communion) and I wasn't sure if I should bring the jacket OR just the shirt/tie/pants combo for formal nights. They ripped these suits off so fast after their one time wearing them that I'm sure they will not enjoy the whole "dress up" thing. I was hoping to get a family picture out of the formal night attire but I'm not sure what to do.

We're on the Valor leaving 3/23 and there will be 2 formal nights.

I'm starting to pack tomorrow and I would really appreciate any input!!!:p

I just booked our cruise on Carnival Splender and had asked them about kids "formal" wear as we will be traveling with a 5/7 and 13 year old who are very picky on what they want to wear. I was told that kids can wear dress pants/shirt/tie or even a nice shirt with dressier pants.

Hope this helps some!

You know your kids best-

I rented a tux for my son on our last cruise, where he turned 10- He thought he was so cool to have a tux, and the rental meant we didnt have to pack all that stuff!!!

However, he was in the minority- most kids, even on formal night, had on khakis and golf shirts.

If you think your kids will put up a fuss- then leave it home. The pictures will be great no matter what!

You know your kids best-

I rented a tux for my son on our last cruise, where he turned 10- He thought he was so cool to have a tux, and the rental meant we didnt have to pack all that stuff!!!

However, he was in the minority- most kids, even on formal night, had on khakis and golf shirts.

If you think your kids will put up a fuss- then leave it home. The pictures will be great no matter what!

We rent the tuxes for our boys as well. It is so nice not to have to pack the dress clothes for formal night! And it does make for a great photo op! They just wear khakis and polo shirts for the rest of the nights.

We rent the tuxes for our boys as well. It is so nice not to have to pack the dress clothes for formal night! And it does make for a great photo op! They just wear khakis and polo shirts for the rest of the nights.

Would you believe that we haven't had a family picture taken since our youngest was born....I can't wait to have our pictures taken with all of us dressed up!! Would you be able to give me a guesstimate as to how much it costs to rent tuxes for kids and adults?

Archived