What to do??

angela76

HELP ME I'M GOING NUTS. How do you make the time go by so quickly while waiting. I find myself on this board every waken hour.:eek: I have started to buy a few things. And already know where my luggage is, I just can't stop thinking about it. And it is still a year away. Well 328 days but who counting:D . I know where we are going to stay the day before. So what is left besides WAITING?

HELP ME I'M GOING NUTS. How do you make the time go by so quickly while waiting. I find myself on this board every waken hour.:eek: I have started to buy a few things. And already know where my luggage is, I just can't stop thinking about it. And it is still a year away. Well 328 days but who counting:D . I know where we are going to stay the day before. So what is left besides WAITING?

LOL, I know the feeling!

Best thing I can think of is to book another prior to the one you have now and shorten the wait time that way.:D ;)

There are alot of great very-affordable last minute deals listed with one of the advertisers on this board. I agree with BigD; book another cruise before you go on this one! That could significantly cut your wait time!!! :D

We all go through the same thing. My sister and I are leaving on April 6th and when I spoke with her about a week and a half ago she was already packed...a month ahead of time!!! Keep watching the boards. It does help pass the time!

You are doing all the right things...check the boards every day. Post on your roll call every day. Shop for new cruise clothes. Start packing...yes, that's right, start packing. Make your packing list and start over. Play Caribbean music and eat at Caribbean restaurants a lot. Watch CSI Miami for a glimpse of a cruise ship. Check your reservations every day. Look at the brochures and pictures of your ship. Look at the ship cam every day. Start reading the Ports of Call boards for ideas on your excursions.

I think that's pretty much it. When you've done all these things at the end of the day, start over.

You are NOT kidding!!..I have 68 days til mine and I just booked it two weeks ago...I do have one issue...don't know where I am staying the night before so I have something to do still..thought I had it through last minutetravel.com, but they say they have sold out, so I start again...ah well..meanwhile...the travel channel is another nice diversion!:)

To help pass the time I:

1) make really detailed countdown spreadsheets, including "mile marker" fun events along the way to help it seem like less of a wait. Right now I've still got over 200 days to go, but I have enough fun events planned that the longest I have between "fun events" is 18 days. That makes it a little less painful!

2) have started an ultimate travel binder, with printed-out facts about the ships, different excusions alternatives, printed out menus (with my selections already noted!), directions from the airport to our hotel to a local liquor store to get pre-cruise wine, to area restaurants, etc.

It really helps! I add a few new things to my binder every week, and it's nice to look forward to a minor "fun event" every few days. Keeps me from going completely crazy :p

I daydream about being on the ship. Making ice cream cones, dancing in the disco, singing at karaoke, judging the hairy chest contest, running to get on the ship before it leaves port, checking to make sure my swimsuit is in place prior to standing up after getting off the slide... I find myself explaining a lot of things at work....

Thanks for all the grat ideas. I think I might go to the book store today and look for some books to read. (about cruising of course):D Thanks for putting up with me during what seems like a lifetime away. But when i get on the ship I will be worlds away:p

I like to learn about the culture and history of the places I visit. You can try that. I find the knowledge I gain enhances my appreciation of the destination. That will eat up some time.

I get so worked up leading to a trip, I am usually packed and ready to go at least 2 weeks prior. I stop sleeping, I stop eating, it drives my husband crazy.

Do what the rest of us do....make everyone you come in contact with crazy! "Guess what? Only 7,946 days till I cruise!" They will break, and threaten to kill you if you mention the word cruise ONE MORE TIME! Pay no attention. We need to tell one and all our countdown DAILY.

I just talk to my coworker. He is going on the same ship, same itenirary, just two weeks earlier. It is fun to share the excitement with someone else! It will also be nice to get some quick pointers about the ship from him during the week between cruises.

Book another!!! That is what my friend and I did, we are book for Oct and we book another for April 3rd!!! We couldn't wait till then....

Of course I am addicted, and I am not ashamed to say it :D

and then in between all the cruises I just come her to CC and read, read and read some more

and talk to friends about it till I drive them insane!!! LOL

Tina

Thanks for all the grat ideas. I think I might go to the book store today and look for some books to read. (about cruising of course):D Thanks for putting up with me during what seems like a lifetime away. But when i get on the ship I will be worlds away:p

I have like 298 days to go and I am looking into cryogenics to help pass the time. Although I may cheat and get thawed out for the summer months but come Labor day it’s back in the zip lock bag and aluminum foil for me with a “don’t open until after Christmas” tag attached.

The cryogenics are a great idea indeed. I often joke with my husband that I would make a really good bear, since my two favorite past-times are eating and sleeping. Unfortunately, my Ursa-leaning tendencies are most prevalent during winter, and since we're entering Spring, it's a little unnatural for me to go into hibernation this late in the game. :rolleyes:

So, I'll just have to stay awake until my October cruise. I can always hibernate next winter, once I'm home suffering PCW (post-cruise withdrawal!)

• 2 weeks later...
The cryogenics are a great idea indeed. I often joke with my husband that I would make a really good bear, since my two favorite past-times are eating and sleeping. Unfortunately, my Ursa-leaning tendencies are most prevalent during winter, and since we're entering Spring, it's a little unnatural for me to go into hibernation this late in the game. :rolleyes:

So, I'll just have to stay awake until my October cruise. I can always hibernate next winter, once I'm home suffering PCW (post-cruise withdrawal!)

There's only one cure for PCW and your TA can write the prescription!

Archived