All Things Freedom of the Seas!

[quote name='A2Mich']Hey there Who-Fan / Keith Moon....as of right now, it appears that 1404 is available for your sailing....which will be an aft balcony on deck 10....we've booked 1402 on our Sept 2010 Freedom cruise. Do a quick search on the RCI boards for something like "Freedom 1404 1704). You should be able to find a few threads with photos of either 1404 or 1704 (will be same cabin, mirror location). I did the same type of search for 1402 or 1702. The aft balcony on deck 10, from what I can tell can't be seen from above (the WJ is directly above--no cabins above you) and the balconies are HUGE!

From our current pricing, a JS would be more like $1500 more than a D1. I don't believe there are many E1's that can sleep 4. I believe the only few E1's for 4 are just before/after the hump, and there may be a total of like 10-12 of these.[/quote]

Thanks! I'll check out that cabin number.

Quick question.............someone emailed me to ask...........her daughter is on the FR right now...............western Carib........

when is the 2nd formal night?? also can someone with a phone that has internet use ........use it onboard???? (I dont use the puter at all on ships and have no clue)..

Thanks!

[quote name='Creepella']What time can you arrive to check in for embarkation, now that FOS is in Port Canaveral? What time are you off the ship if you self-disembark?

Thanks![/quote]

I would like to know this as well for FOS:
Time they allow you on board at Port Canveral.
Time they allow you off board at Port Canveral.

Hi all - I am looking at a June 6 2010 sailing on Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Price is $999 for inside stateroom per person. Is this a good price (it's a 7 night). Should I book now or wait? Is there a travel agent you use for better prices/incentives. This is my first post here and I am trying to plan my birthday next year. Thanks for any help and I appreciate all the info on the thread!

[quote name='TifffanyD']Hi all - I am looking at a June 6 2010 sailing on Freedom out of Port Canaveral. Price is $999 for inside stateroom per person. Is this a good price (it's a 7 night). Should I book now or wait? Is there a travel agent you use for better prices/incentives. This is my first post here and I am trying to plan my birthday next year. Thanks for any help and I appreciate all the info on the thread![/quote]

Hi Tiffany - prices fluctuate all the time so asking that is like asking for a forecast of the weather.

That said, I was able to snag a balcony for much less than what you are looking @ for that interior & within 30 days of my trip this coming August.

The point I am trying to make is that be patient & lower prices will always come esp. that far out!

[quote name='OV8']Hi Tiffany - prices fluctuate all the time so asking that is like asking for a forecast of the weather.

That said, I was able to snag a balcony for much less than what you are looking @ for that interior & within 30 days of my trip this coming August.

The point I am trying to make is that be patient & lower prices will always come esp. that far out![/quote]

Thanks, I was just asking for a comparison and you gave me that! Of course June is probably higher than August but we are FL residents so we can wait til closer. Thanks for the comparison!

[quote name='TifffanyD']Thanks, I was just asking for a comparison and you gave me that! Of course June is probably higher than August but we are FL residents so we can wait til closer. Thanks for the comparison![/quote]

No necessarily. I will say this August's FOS interior room is running about the same price as an balcony.

Go figure! It's all supply & demand I guess.

Still I agree that June is big for demand & if you snag it now, you can always call for a price drop credit if it happens. That's your safety net there!

[quote name='OV8']No necessarily. I will say this August's FOS interior room is running about the same price as an balcony.

Go figure! It's all supply & demand I guess.

Still I agree that June is big for demand & if you snag it now, you can always call for a price drop credit if it happens. That's your safety net there![/quote]

Do you book directly or use an agent? I've only sailed on Disney and it's better to book early and use an agent there.

[quote name='TifffanyD']Do you book directly or use an agent? I've only sailed on Disney and it's better to book early and use an agent there.[/quote]

Sorry to butt in here, but if you can book your cruise now, do it. As OV8 said, you can always request a credit if thr price goes down. Booking now will protect you from the prices going up, and RCI will credit you the lower rate right up until sailing. One thing to keep in mind when asking "is $xxx a good price for a xx category cabin" is that you need to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Point being is that you need to BE SURE if the price you were quoted includes port charges, taxes, governemnt fees, etc. For example, the brochure rates do not include ANY of these charges. My TA quoted me $1137 pp for a D1 for Sept 2010. At first, I thought it sounded very high. When I got the paperwork from her, that price included all of the port charges and taxes, etc. The actual pp rate was $890. I'm hoping that the price goes down, especially being this far out, but I know it won't go up!

[quote name='A2Mich']Sorry to butt in here, but if you can book your cruise now, do it. As OV8 said, you can always request a credit if thr price goes down. Booking now will protect you from the prices going up, and RCI will credit you the lower rate right up until sailing. One thing to keep in mind when asking "is $xxx a good price for a xx category cabin" is that you need to be sure you are comparing apples to apples. Point being is that you need to BE SURE if the price you were quoted includes port charges, taxes, governemnt fees, etc. For example, the brochure rates do not include ANY of these charges. My TA quoted me $1137 pp for a D1 for Sept 2010. At first, I thought it sounded very high. When I got the paperwork from her, that price included all of the port charges and taxes, etc. The actual pp rate was $890. I'm hoping that the price goes down, especially being this far out, but I know it won't go up![/quote]

Not butting in at all - thanks for the tips! As the current price is really more than I am wanting to spend I will probably still wait. If it stayed the same I would be heartbroken cancelling when I got my hopes up, whereas I am flexible and can do just fine going somewhere else/doing something else for the week! :) That sounds like a lot of fees/taxes/etc pp, more than I am used to looking at. I sure hope it goes down for you :)

[quote name='djay']OV8- just emailed you eastern compasses & menus.Happy reading
djay[/quote]

I would appreciate if you would be so kind and send them to me [EMAIL="also...mom3times@cfl.rr.com"]also...mom3times@cfl.rr.com[/EMAIL]

thanks

[quote name='ckrobyn']This may have already been addressed, but I can't scroll through all the pages of this thread :rolleyes:

Are all of the pools on the Freedom fresh water?????:confused:[/quote]As I recall the answer is yes. But I was on the Freedom OTS two years ago.

[quote name='ckrobyn']This may have already been addressed, but I can't scroll through all the pages of this thread :rolleyes:

Are all of the pools on the Freedom fresh water?????:confused:[/quote]

FYI - there's also a search function for this specific thread up on the top right border titled - "Search this Thread ".

Also you can goback to the main thread listing & search the entire forum the same way under - 'Search this Forum'!

Has Helped me in the past a lot. Edited by OV8

[B]We saw the National Geographin show last week about FoS.[/B]

[B]They cronicled the New Years Eve cruise.[/B]

[B]They talked about the Desalination Process where they daily made Saltwater >>Fresh.[/B]
[B]I was most amazed about the 7000 lobsters made for New Years.[/B]

[B]I think it is an again soon. djay[/B]

[quote name='OV8']FYI - there's also a search function for this specific thread up on the top right border titled - "Search this Thread ".

Also you can goback to the main thread listing & search the entire forum the same way under - 'Search this Forum'!

Has Helped me in the past a lot.[/quote]

Thanks for your advice ;)

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]Hi Everyone ....

This will be my families first time on the FOS, first time Forward. We usually book balcony for Hubby and I and an inside for the kids, that is when the kids go. Our last cruise we had an AFT balcony which hooked me on AFTS. However, we just booked this week so all the AFTS were taken and no inside and balconies near eachother. [COLOR="Black"]Therefore we booked the Family Oceanview 6500 ... now my question is will I like Forward?[/COLOR] We are used to midship or AFT. I understand that we will have great views but I am kind of leery of being forward.

Thank you in advance!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Magenta"][B]Happy Cruising ....

Patty [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Patty G- I just sent Eastern Compasses & Menus to you. Not sure if I had alredy sent. Someone sent to me several weeks ago & I have been forwarding on since. keep passing.

Also Patty- You commented about not being able to restock in foreign ports.
2 yrs ago we were sailing the NCL Majesty to Western Caribbean. Our last stop was key West. As we got off the ship- 2 beer Distributors pulled up to deliver Bud Lite & Corona. They needed restocking for the last leg of cruise. We were told then that they could not take on stock while in foreign ports. I joked that we had justleft mexico- they should have gotten Coronas while there.

It was early March- Spring break week & 40% of the ship was college students. The majority had a bucket of Bud Lite or Corona in their hand AT ALL TIMES. We were told the next week - 90% of the passengers were college students. We decided then - we would never cruise in March or April.

That was the day we 1st saw the Freedom of the Seas. It had recently started sailing & was docked at key West. Our small majesty looked like a shrimp boat after seeing the BIGGEST SHIP FLOAT.
That day we said if we dream big- next time we would be on the BigBoat. We sail 11/8.
djay