I have a few questions if you don't mind...

CFitzRN

Our party of 7 (ages 44, 43, 19, 18, 17, 14, 10) will be doing the dolphin swim at Chankanaab park in July through a private excursion co. My questions are:

we would love to snorkel also the same day. How feasible is it for us to do both snorkeling (hopefully at the reef) AND the dolphin swim?

What sort of transportation is there from the pier to Chankanaab?

Does anyone know of a private snorkel tour operator who might take us from snorkeling to Chankanaab?

Is the snorkeling any good right off the beach at Chankanaab?

Thanks in advance! :D

I was just there in Febuary and had a great time. I did the dolphin swim and it was wonderful. I did not snorkel although many people did and said it was good. This is a great place for a family, they have it all. I booked throught the ship and found out later it was less expensive then if I had did it on my own and it included transportation both ways and entrance to the park. We left the pier at 10:00, did the dolphin swim,walked the gardens,sat on the beach and was back at the port by 1:00 so you would definatly have time to do it all at the park. They also have restraunts. I would go to thier website.

Brenda

I have been to Cozumel 6 times and I have gone shopping everytime. I went last month and they now have a Margaritaville which I only went in to buy shirts, but it didn't look like fun. I really think Carlos and Charlie's was my favorite. I had the best time just watching everyone act crazy. LOL :D That is one time that I can say "I'm glad I don't drink" LOL I wondered how some of them found or missed their ship. :D I love Cozumel and actually I am leaving Sunday on the Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston and will be going back to Cozumel for the 7th time !

There is an area at Chaukanaub for snorkeling. I've been to Chauk but the water was too rough to snorkel. Did have one of the dive masters (not busy because of weather) offer to take us on a guided tour of the park which was very nice! He was just hanging out with us but, of course, we tipped him nicely. We learned so much more than if we had walked through on our own. Taxi's are EVERYWHERE. I think it was about 3 per person for a cab of four...I think the van was $15. That's each way. A quick drive to Chaukanaub. Timing on the dolphin swim might prevent another snorkel excursion. There are places you can snorkel on your own but I think since you're already at Chaukanaub, it's your best option. We did the dolphin swim, hung out awhile and then went to Paradise Beach for lunch. They also have a nice pier you can snorkel off of, a nice beach and food is to DIE for!

Donna

There is an area at Chaukanaub for snorkeling. I've been to Chauk but the water was too rough to snorkel. Did have one of the dive masters (not busy because of weather) offer to take us on a guided tour of the park which was very nice! He was just hanging out with us but, of course, we tipped him nicely. We learned so much more than if we had walked through on our own. Taxi's are EVERYWHERE. I think it was about 3 per person for a cab of four...I think the van was $15. That's each way. A quick drive to Chaukanaub. Timing on the dolphin swim might prevent another snorkel excursion. There are places you can snorkel on your own but I think since you're already at Chaukanaub, it's your best option. We did the dolphin swim, hung out awhile and then went to Paradise Beach for lunch. They also have a nice pier you can snorkel off of, a nice beach and food is to DIE for!

Donna

Excellent info, thanks Donna!

Archived