Transfer from Whittier to Anchorage

Blessed One

My family and I will take the Coral princess in May, I am debating to use the transfer provided by princess or to use the independant provider, such as magic bus or other transfer shuttle company that ppl suggest in this forum. We have 7 people and it will save us lots if using the independant one ($58 vs $35 per person). However, this is my first time cruising and I really don't know how those shuttle works.

1) Can we trust them to show up on time at the pier and pick us up? How they know it is "the group"?

2) Do we need to tell princess know we take the independant provider that they will let us leave earily on the disembarking date? (I read posts that they let you out according to our the flight time)

2) How about the luggages issue? People say Princess will ask us to put all the luggages out the door the night before disembarking. Is it a "MUST"? How can we get back the luggages if we use the independant provider to transfer to the airport?

The questions may sound silly, but I am really confused and please help me that I can make up the decision. Thanks for any responses.

My family and I will take the Coral princess in May, I am debating to use the transfer provided by princess or to use the independant provider, such as magic bus or other transfer shuttle company that ppl suggest in this forum. We have 7 people and it will save us lots if using the independant one ($58 vs $35 per person). However, this is my first time cruising and I really don't know how those shuttle works.

1) Can we trust them to show up on time at the pier and pick us up? How they know it is "the group"?

2) Do we need to tell princess know we take the independant provider that they will let us leave earily on the disembarking date? (I read posts that they let you out according to our the flight time)

2) How about the luggages issue? People say Princess will ask us to put all the luggages out the door the night before disembarking. Is it a "MUST"? How can we get back the luggages if we use the independant provider to transfer to the airport?

The questions may sound silly, but I am really confused and please help me that I can make up the decision. Thanks for any responses.

1) They usually tell you to meet at a certain place and many have signs with your name on it. Can't answer if they will show up or not

2) You can request disembarkation time that corresponds to your flights or transportation arrangements. If the luggage tags are not the ones you want just go and have them exchanged for the correct ones.

3) Luggage is put out to be collected the night before. Luggage is placed on the pier in groups according to the luggage tag color. You must pick up your own luggage even if you have a Princess transfer and take it to the transportation. It doesn't matter what your transportation from the port is all luggage is done the same way except ports where they have the direct to the airport choice for an additional fee.

If you have a Princess transfer in Alaska, you do NOT pick up your luggage inside the terminal and bring it out to your transfer. In Alaska your luggage is taken care of, everything moves out of Whittier by truck.

The only time you pick up your luggage, is if you have your OWN transfer. That would be the Silver Group and you pick up your luggage inside the Terminal and haul it out to meet with your transportation.

If you are flying out the same day you dock, you'll have the option of using Bag, INC. If you pay for the Bags, INC. you luggage will be taken care of and you won't see your luggage again, until your final Airline Destination.

If you have a Princess transfer in Alaska, you do NOT pick up your luggage inside the terminal and bring it out to your transfer. In Alaska your luggage is taken care of, everything moves out of Whittier by truck.

The only time you pick up your luggage, is if you have your OWN transfer. That would be the Silver Group and you pick up your luggage inside the Terminal and haul it out to meet with your transportation.

If you are flying out the same day you dock, you'll have the option of using Bag, INC. If you pay for the Bags, INC. you luggage will be taken care of and you won't see your luggage again, until your final Airline Destination.

Thanks for the information. If I still have time to walk around in Anchorage downtown before my flight time, do I have to take all my luggages back from princess first or can I let them keep it till the time I need to go to airport?Besides, could you give me more detail about the Bags,Inc? Is it an independant company that I need to search online or it is an arrangement by princess? What is the additional cost? How about our hand-carry, I need to do the check in at airport though?

Thanks again.

I think 5 or 6 airlines are in the Bags, INC. program. I think it is $15 per couple or person. I don't remember which. You purchase this program on the ship. You luggage is checked all the way through to your final destination. You don't have to worry about bags. In other ports the program might be called US Direct, but in Alaska it is Bags, INC.

http://www.airportbags.com/

If you purchase a Princess transfer, Princess watches your bags until 5 or 6pm at the Egan Center or the Airport, depending on your flight times. If you have a later flight, you luggage will be at the Egan, you claim you bags there and put them on the bus for the transfer to the airport. When Princess transfers you to the airport, you will have to check in with your luggage.

If you arrange your own transportation, you pick up your luggage inside the Terminal in Whittier and you are stuck with it all day and have to do your own luggage check in.

Archived