Celebrity EQUINOX - Inaugrual Transatlantic 5th November 2009

Prada Cowboy

Yup, Pembroke Welsh Corgi, and the best one we've ever had! :)

Oh, and we're having dinner with Joel and Marjorie in NY when we stop on our way to Bucharest in ten days!:D We sail with them again in October of THIS year on the QE2, so it'll be a warm up for next year!

Andrew

Andrew,

Hubble is a Cutie. ... You must be looking forward to your ultimate Atlantic crossing on QE2. ... When I sailed the Queen Elizabeth 2 in tandem with the Queen Victoria in January it sure was rough the very next day leaving Southampton, north of the Bay of Biscay.

2181089585_a94613cf7b_m.jpg

The ship photographer took this image of Queen Victoria on 7 January. October should be much smoother. It shall be also quite nostalgic being her last crossing after a 41 year carreer.

The Queen Elizabeth 2 on her last westbound Crossing this January. First segment of her last World Cruise. Her 26th I do believe.

qe201082.jpg

And this one photo was taken by the Queen Victoria ship photographer. What a true Ocean Liner is all about. Weathering the North Atlantic. A true Cunarder.

http://seatravel.wordpress.com/2008/01/09/queen-elizabeth-2-and-queen-victoria-cross-the-atlantic-in-tandem/

To come back on track, MV Equinox shall sail a more southernly route at an earlier time. She will be making her maiden transatlantic crossing. History in the making for the Chandris/Celebrity Line.

And welcome to the board. Do you have any information about yourselves that you'd like to share? I'm sure by 11/09 we'll have a chance to get to know each other pretty well!

David

Hi David - We live in Sarasota, FL and are looking forward to the cruise. We enjoy golfing, and live in a golf community.

We have not taken as many cruises as most of you, but this looked especially exciting! We are looking forward to meeting others FODs on board!

Linda

Linda,

http://www.cruisecelebritysolstice.com/index.html?ProspectID=DABD0ED9887949FB9F687B06F815EC27&SRC=PGI115605#/entertainment/lawnclub/

This new feature of the Solstice Class Ships must have been designed especially for you. ... You shall be able to set your feet on actual grass in the middle of the Atlantic. Awesome, would you not say?

Hi David - We live in Sarasota, FL and are looking forward to the cruise. We enjoy golfing, and live in a golf community.

We have not taken as many cruises as most of you, but this looked especially exciting! We are looking forward to meeting others FODs on board!

Linda

Welcome fellow Floridians ... I think we are all eagerly anticipating this sailing ... but it's just so far off!

Prices have risen considerably recently.

The insides and ocean views were pretty similar when i checked to what they were when it opened but I agree, the balconies have soared. Oddly, it's slightly cheaper to book in Canadian, which hasn't happened in a long time.

We'll likely book when we're on Century in a couple of weeks, for the meagre credit, then transfer to a TA, for whatever they're offering. We're hoping to also go to Paris that year so the cruise has to be a bit cheaper. no balcony for us this time.

Well, we took the plunge. We booked in Canadian dollars (a good deal, for a change) and got a balcony. It will be nice to wait for the date and to not have to think about the roller coaster afffair the US and Candian dollar are having Eight years ago, a dollar Canadian was worth about 63 cents US and last fall, it was worth 1.08 US. Right now, it's back at 97 cents but it goes up and down too much to let it alter our cruise price over the course of two years.

Michael,

Nice to see that you book a balcony. And you are right, in Canadian currency, you will not have to worry about the fluctuation of the dollar.

You will be getting off the Century on 28 April, I will be getting on for our transatlantic crossing onward to Amsterdam. ... We will leave Ottawa and overnight in Montréal on the 26th. Fly down to Miami on the 27th and board the ship on the 28th. ... We just cannot wait.

Since the revitalization (55 millions usd) in 2006, she sure does look good. you shall love her. Amazing what can be done, such as welding balconies to a superstructure, etc. ... That link may have been sent to you previously. I think it is so well done and professionnal. I just love browsing through it.

www.cruisecentury.com

Michael,

Nice to see that you book a balcony. And you are right, in Canadian currency, you will not have to worry about the fluctation of the dollar.

You will be getting off the Century on 28 April, I will be getting on for our transatlantic crossing onward to Amsterdam. ... We will leave Ottawa and overnight in Montréal on the 26th. Fly down to Miami on the 27th and board the ship on the 28th. ... We just cannot wait.

Since the revitalization (55 millions usd) in 2006, she sure does look good. you shall love her. Amazing what can be done, such as welding balconies to a superstructure, etc. ... That link may have been sent to you previously. I think it is so well done and professionnal. I just love browsing through it.

www.cruisecentury.com

Thanks for the site!! We're really looking forward to it.

Lee (of Mike and Lee)

Lee,

You are mostly welcome. ... Once again, you may have visited these two other sites. ... The first one is in regards of the Solstice Class Ships.

http://www.cruisecelebritysolstice.com/index.html?ProspectID=DABD0ED9887949FB9F687B06F815EC27&SRC=PGI115605#/home/

The second is directly towards MV Equinox.

http://rccl.bridgetrack.com/08/equinox/Default.htm?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=DABD0ED9887949FB9F687B06F815EC27

Lee and Michael, Welcome!!!

Linda, you, too!!!

Francois, I've always wanted to do the Winter crossing on QE2, but have always done Spring and Fall. The Fall ones have been the smoothest, especially with the more Southerly route. And floating home to the US is such a nice way to come back, even if we do have the long flight back to CA afterwards.

Andrew

Well, in an ideal world, you would sail both ways...it is really wonderful to arrive in Europe without jet lag. But the six days at sea is the real seller to me! Ahhh.....:D

Andrew

That's a part of the sell for me, too. I'm curious to see what sort of rhythms develop onboard.

Mike has golden memories of Capri and I really enjoyed it last fall on Brilliance so we'll likely take the train from Rome to Naples a day or so before the cruise. It's only two hours. I think we'll go two or three days ahead. The only real downside of this trip for me was its leaving on Thursday. Most of the others we looked at left and arrived on weekends, which would have worked better, but we're overcomers.

No idea when we'll try to fly over. Two days before at the latest, unless we end up with Celebrity air. And, at that point, we'd need to leave here on Tuesday at the latest, so...depends on work, but it might end up being a 2 1/2 week vacation, and that's so hard to take!;)

Andrew

Hi guys ...

I'm glad to see that you decided to book on this sailing.

Larry & I hope to get to know you all on this thread before our sailing in 19 months!

I checked on the main roll call. Turns out we're just aft of you on the same deck.

Darlin', it's hard to skip in stilletos!;)

Fortunately, the FOD is usually in the Martini Bar...so not THAT far to skip/stroll. It's gotten so it's hard to tell who's there for what, though. On the Century last Fall, the place was packed, and, with the exception of one cigarillo-smoking lady who was asked to leave, it seemed to be one big party. Gay/Straight/Young/Old/Male/Female...and everything in between (well, I didn't necessarily see a bi-sexual intersex middle-aged person, they could have been there!)

Andrew

Archived