Celebrity EQUINOX - Inaugrual Transatlantic 5th November 2009

Prada Cowboy

Thank you Lee,

I suppose this is the easiest way to get to Civitavecchia from the airport. It is just that it seems strange to go inland and then return to the shoreline.

I agree. I know that on Equinox, there are people on the main thread who are planning on sharing a van or a bus. It will work out to about $20 each. Perhaps closer to the date of the cruise, once everyone who is going to join the roll call is here, we might consider a Friends of Dorothy van for the trip from Rome to the port. That could be a fun way to get to know everyone.

Perhaps closer to the date of the cruise, once everyone who is going to join the roll call is here, we might consider a Friends of Dorothy van for the trip from Rome to the port. That could be a fun way to get to know everyone.

Funny, I just pictured the bus from Priscilla, Queen of the Desert with the big high heel on the roof, and the long piece of fabric flowing in the wind. That would make for quite an arrival at the ship.

Mike

Hey, all, just wanted to pop in and let you know that Ed and I are planning to get married this Fall in California, so this cruise will end up being a 'first anniversary cruise!' :D

Andrew, My congratulations to you and Ed. ... As Lee has mentioned, we will sure toast you next year for your first anniversary.

Hey, all, just wanted to pop in and let you know that Ed and I are planning to get married this Fall in California, so this cruise will end up being a 'first anniversary cruise!' :D

Andrew

Am I the bridesmaid or is Joel???

Hi all! I'm Marjorie of Joel/Marj. We have sailed with Ed and Andrew as well as Karyn before and will be joining you all on this cruise as well. I am the founding member of the Stiletto Gang and will be bringing my full supply. Francois - it will be great to see you again! (By the way, 150 shoes is NOTHING!)

Look forward to sailing with you all!

Depends on who wants to wear the Puce taffeta milkmaid dress...:D Draw straws, and the loser...

Andrew

Will have to be Joel, as there is no way that would look decent on me. I think it would match his beard perfectly though! :D

Depends on who wants to wear the Puce taffeta milkmaid dress...:D Draw straws, and the loser...

Andrew

I read somewhere recently that all of those dresses in the movie 27 Dresses were actually sourced in bridal stores and did not need to be created by the costume department. It's kind of scary when you think of it.

I'm not sure if you would look better in a milk-maid dress or a nice glittery sari with a regal crimson sash. Hmmm...what would Martha do?

Will have to be Joel, as there is no way that would look decent on me. I think it would match his beard perfectly though! :D
Well, o.k., but that's a WHOLE lot of taffetta...cuz we know "he lova da pasta!"

A.-

I read somewhere recently that all of those dresses in the movie 27 Dresses were actually sourced in bridal stores and did not need to be created by the costume department. It's kind of scary when you think of it.

I'm not sure if you would look better in a milk-maid dress or a nice glittery sari with a regal crimson sash. Hmmm...what would Martha do?

Lee, you're making me think I'm not having NEARLY enough fun with the idea....do you think I could ask all these ladies here to be bridesmaids...and then INSIST that they wear the gown on formal night on THIS cruise? What say you?

A.-

Uh..HELLO...you are on the ship for multiple nights....why do you have to limit yourself?......

Mike

Lee, you're making me think I'm not having NEARLY enough fun with the idea....do you think I could ask all these ladies here to be bridesmaids...and then INSIST that they wear the gown on formal night on THIS cruise? What say you?

A.-

I think that the promise of all brides (those liars) is that you'll wear it over and over so I think that as a groom-zilla, it's your duty to inflict as much fashion-based pain as possible. Of course, Mike and I are both offended not to be in the wedding party but that's mostly because we never have cause to dust off our tiaras anymore.

Well, o.k., but that's a WHOLE lot of taffetta...cuz we know "he lova da pasta!"

A.-

If it's Puce and it's taffetta, you might as well have a lot of it! :D

Lee, you're making me think I'm not having NEARLY enough fun with the idea....do you think I could ask all these "ladies" here to be bridesmaids...and then INSIST that they wear the gown on formal night on THIS cruise? What say you?

A.-

I assume you are using that term loosely ;) This is also a good way to get us to all back out. Your bridal party just got a lot smaller!

We just wanted to send you our congratulations on the announcement of your marriage! I just now saw it on the main thread, as I don't spend a lot of time posting.

It's great that you had so many positive responses on the main thread. Larry & I will be celebrating our 32nd anniversary on the Equinox TA, but as residents of the great state of Florida, I doubt that we'll be officially "tying the knot" anytime soon!

David & Larry

I think we should have a costume party on board, and everyone has to wear bad wedding attire!

I bought a tuxedo at a cleareout sale one time that was bright yellow with black piping and lapels. They had racks and racks of them.

Mike

I bought a tuxedo at a cleareout sale one time that was bright yellow with black piping and lapels. They had racks and racks of them.

But did he buy one for me? NOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!!

Of course, we hadn't met then but it's beside the point. A thoughtful boyfriend plans.

Lee, that sounds like when Ed pouted about me going to Europe without him...my mother and I had planned the trip for years, and he and I had just met....He says my mother should have given up her trip, and sent him along instead!

Thanks, David and Larry! We've been together 8 years next month, but my SIL says we have to start counting all over again!:D 32 years is wonderful...we'll have to celebrate our one year and your 32nd!

Andrew

Lee, that sounds like when Ed pouted about me going to Europe without him...my mother and I had planned the trip for years, and he and I had just met....He says my mother should have given up her trip, and sent him along instead!

Thanks, David and Larry! We've been together 8 years next month, but my SIL says we have to start counting all over again!:D 32 years is wonderful...we'll have to celebrate our one year and your 32nd!

Andrew

Well, I don't like the word pout, but I do like the way Ed thinks.

Andrew

Congrats again! This voyage looks amazing! New ship, Med, TA, westbound, anniversary! What more could one ask for?!?

Michael and Ben

Archived