Celebrating birthdays on MSC

crusin mom n daughter

Hello all ....

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any "special" services offered by the cruiseline to guests who are celebrating birthdays or other special occasions while onboard. We are booked on the Christmas '08 cruise on the Lirica with a party of 12. Of course, simply spending Christmas on the ship together is memorable enough, but does MSC offer anything else to add to it ??

Also, one of our cabins will occupy two adults with 2 babies, 6 and 19mo of age. I take it cribs are available for the little ones? Does MSC offer any services for infants, ie baby food supply, formula, etc .... ?

Thanks to all who respond.

Sorry don't have children so I can't answer your questions about the cribs and baby food.

However reception always give your waiter details of any passenger who has a birthday during the cruise and they always bring a cake (usually with candles) to the table free of charge. They will either have your waiter sign happy birthday or will sometimes get one of the groups of musicians to come along to play happy Birthday at your table. You can also order Champagne too.

I just celebrated our 10th anniversary and my 40th birthday on the Lirica...wonderful trip...and MSC gave us two cakes on two different nights. I had told them of our special events before we left...then it is complementary. I believe she said there would have been a charge if we did it while on the ship. They played music, lit candles and we took pictures with our camers. They let us decide which night we wanted it too... we choose the formal nights.

Have a great trip!

Just off the Lirica and a member of our dinner table was celebrating a birthday. They did not organize anything prior to boarding and were told that a cake would cost $22.50. That seemed steep, so they opted for the waiter to put a candle in the dessert that the birthday girl had ordered.

Archived