Weather in January

vacamom

We sailed in Jan/08. It was very cloudy and rainy in Nassua. It was 60 degrees. Halfmoon cay(HAL private island) it was overcast and mid 70's. The water temp. was very cold. The warmest was ST. Thomas (85) the water temp was also cold.

I have to say... these weather threads are just about the loosest cannons of the thread world. Weather is just about the only item on the entire cruise that can't be controlled. We, your fellow posters, really aren't much... if any... help to you. We are just a placebo that could make you feel better by saying "Oh, the weather is great! Enjoy yourself."

KNOW THIS:

June 1st to Nov 30th is hurricane season.

97% of all tropical activity happens in those months.

3% still happens the other months of the year.

Caribbean weather tends to stay FAIRLY constant all year long.

In winter, Florida weather will often still be very warm during the day, 20+ degree drops overnight are still common.

YOU COULD GET WET ON THIS RIDE! ;)

No matter what anyone tells you about the weather in 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003 or even 1956... you will have to wait and see.

Weather websites are you best friend... wait until 10 days before your trip and check them. Most do a 10 day forcast that is REASONABLY accurate.

While it is true that the weather I had may not be the weather you will have, I will tell you anyway. We sailed this past January 31 for three nights, and had sunny weather, no rains at all. I believe there was some cloudy weather forecast for the following days after we disembarked, but not sure. My son's birthday is Jan 31, and I live near to Port Canaveral, and generally his birthday weekend is sunny and windy every year. We have had rain only twice on his birthday weekend since he was born (he is now 11). So I kind of let that guide me on choosing that weekend to cruise. It worked for me. May not work for anyone else.

We are looking to book a 4 day Disney cruise in January. Has anyone cruised in January? What was the weather like?

Hi -We have sailed several times in January & have booked for next Jan. as well. We have been lucky so far with nice weather - this year the first day was cool in the port, but warmed up for the rest of the cruise. Water in pools and at beach was fine for swimming. It certainly beats the January weather up north anyday! ;)

Thanks for some great advice!!! We are from the midwest and anything beats our weather in January (especially this year, we had 7 inches of snow the first day of spring break). I wish we were on a cruise now!!

Archived