Beware Of Chankanaab Coupons

jct

Hi,

I read about the $2 off coupons for Chankanaab Beach on various websites. We decided to give that a try. I was quite disappointed to arrive and find out that they needed to *KEEP* a photocopy of my ID before they would let me use the coupon. I understand that they need to verify the ID in order to give the discount, but is it really necessary for them to keep a photocopy? I was very uncomfortable with that.

Also, the website I went to which is: http://www.cozumelparks.com/eng/reserve.asp

This website shows the ages for children being 6-12 and it says nothing about having only a $1 off coupon for them. It only says $2 off coupon.

When I came back home, I emailed them to inquire about the discrepancies and my concern about them keeping a copy of my driver's license. They were unwilling to look at the website link I sent to them showing the discrepancy in the age of the children nor did they answer my question about what they did with the copy of my driver's license.

And, on top of all of that, now they have blocked my email address without answering my questions.

We loved the park, but I probably won't go there again because of the lack of customer service and problems with the coupon and their unwillingness to even look at the website where I pointed out a difference in the information listed there vs what they were telling me.

Yet another reason why I'm still worried about having to leave a copy of my license!! In hindsight, I wish I would have told them to skip the coupon, pay the full price and not give them a copy..... of course I didn't think of that until AFTER they'd already made a copy.

What makes matters worse, imo, is that the customer service at Chankanaab is being unresponsive to my questions regarding the photocopy and the discrepancy of the age/cost for children being different on different websites.

Loved the park, but not sure I'd go back again because of these issues.

Cynthia

I would not have given my license (copy) up and paid the extra $2. It would be worth it for my own piece of mind. However, if you are seriously concerned now - take time to keep an eye on your credit situation or sign up for something like "Lifelock". I guess you never know...

If we do end up at Chakanaab I will try to use the "cozumelinsider dot com" coupon. If they take it - fine - if not, oh well. Or, I'd email Sherri (i think that's her name) on that website beforehand and ask if there would be a reason for them to keep a copy of your license (and print off her response to bring along).

I'm sorry you are worried now - I tell you I always think some disaster is coming my way when I have to give up my passport for any reason - even though it's fairly common these days.

Archived