The Luggage

Kan't Wait

I know that the whole FREE luggage thing has probably died down but I haven't been on the boards much lately so I decided to post about my free luggage.

I got it today! It's black and it's actually a very nice bag. I think it might be too big for the carry on/overhead option ( haven't measured it yet) but I like it. Granted I don't need another piece of luggage especially in black but what the heck. I guess I'm just impressed it came before my cruise and that I actually got it. Now if I can only make sure I still get my on board credits...;)

For awhile Princess was offering free luggage to new bookings and from what my TA said I qualified because it was going to be my second booking with them. I did read on these boards that others were given the luggage and it was only their first cruise. I don't know anymore than that.

we just received our luggage today. 24 inch pullman from samsonite. very nice now the only problem is dw will want to take it for our april 5th cruise on the emerald. she brings to much already.

I'm in the category of first time cruiser who received the luggage through some promo. We sail on the Coral on the 5th of April and received it at home yesterday, which was a nice bonus, because initially it was expected to be in our stateroom on board....and the last thing I wanted to do was bring home an empty bag. I will say, that it is a "decent" Samsonite 2 wheel black 24" inch piece, but probably not a piece that I would have gone out of my way to purchase. In my cruise personalizer it is listed by Princess as a $365 value......ahhh....no, maybe a $65 value, but it was free. Probably not a size that I will find useful on a 10 day cruise, but not a bad week or shorter trip bag. Please don't paint me as an ingrate....just not a big fan of overexagerating an items value in a give-a-way. The nicest part of it is the "Princess" logo luggage tag.

DD said mine came yesterday in time for our cruise in 11 days.. She said its bigger than a carry on. Will wait and see it when I get home. Since it black probably won't it for the cruise as my regular luggage is checkered and easy to find.

The luggage was a promo - email or brochure, not sure. I was thinking you had to enter your name somewhere online and if you booked a cruise by a certain date, you got luggage.

Mine came a week ago -- hubby is hoping he gets one, too.

Speaking of packing too much - we are doing the opposite as an experiment; We have a 20 day transatlantic cruise coming up from FLL to Rome via South America and Africa - lots of different climates to pack for - and we are packing light because once in Rome we plan to stay for a few days before flying home. We must be able to handle all of our own luggage to use the trains after the cruise, so everything I am taking (including one formal outfit) is packed in that new 24" Samsonite luggage plus a carry-on that will fit over the handle of the larger luggage when I'm moving it around. There are lots of sea days with this cruise, and we plan on doing laundry. Wish me luck!:p

Archived