Best way to book

akubee

I've been told to never book a cruise through the cruise line. While researching the cruise I'm planning for Nov., I can't find better prices anywhere. Any suggestions on who to use to book to save a few dollars?

We've never had trouble with RCI booking at all. Every so often a TA will have extra OBC or something, but the prices on the RCI website are competitive and they honor prices drops with no complaint.

Not sure why someone was giving you that advice. It's in error I think, at least where RCI is concerned.

If it is your first cruise and you are not comfortable booking on your own, go with a local TA that you trust. Booking directly with the cruise line, airline, etc. is how we prefer to do it though. We like the ability to deal directly with the cruiseline. It is easy to get price drops if they are available. If you have any questions, the cruise line agents can answer them if you booked directly. Otherwise you have to go through your TA. It is a personal choice. Some TA's might give you a gift or on board credit. A bottle of wine or $50 obc is not worth having to use a middle party for us.

Eric

I prefer to keep control of my own ressie. If you give that ressie to a TA RCL will not talk to you. If there is a price drop you cannot call RCL but must go thru your travel agent which means waiting till you can reach them during business hours.

Archived