Spirit Excursion Bus Robbed

TxOBNurse

I have been back almost a week from the 3/16 sailing and just now heard this. A group on a bus from the Spirit were robbed at gunpoint. Not sure which tour they were going to. My friend, in Tx heard it on the news and I had her teenage son with me. She emailed the ship and they immediately replied and confirmed the account, but said her son was not involved and our group was safely on the ship at that moment. They also gave her the direct # to our cabin and told her they would pay for the call if she needed to speak to us.

Anyone know any further details???

A few posts below I asked about a similar thing (though from another post I thought it was Carnival passenger). No one seemed to know anything.

Have you also asked on the NCL board? The ships tend to use the same tours. Wonder which part of the island it was on?

There was only one robbery and the guys have already been caught apparently they were an organized amature thieves trying to rob tourists down a dirt road in a remote area of Roatan. These guys have been caught after a reward was posted by the town Mayor. There are now a few police posts going into remote areas on Roatan taking drivers name and licenses plates to make sure nothing like this occurs again. It also means to research where you want togo and what you want to do before getting into cabs with strangers. For the most part I thought the people on Roatan were friendly and safe when I travelled there. I have many friends living there full time so i keep up with the news through chat.

Archived