"Ten Minutes to the Real Alaska" AARP's May/June 2008 issue

zubee23

Interesting article about escaping the cruise ship docks in under 10 minutes and seeing the state at its "unspoiled best." It starts on page 82 of AARP's May/June issue.

Mine came yesterday but I hadn't gotten that far into it yet. Good to know they've covered AK in this edition.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, isn't that cute? I only wish I didn't know what it means.

American Association of Retired Persons used to be their formal name. Now they are hip and just like AARP (kind of like taking the fried out of KFC, huh?) I bought a membership for my DH 50th B day . . . guess paybacks are hell. I can look forward to that in a few years.

I tried to get to the article online - no such luck. I could see it exists - I guess I should check on my DH's membership, huh? Here is the online blurb

Journeys

Unspoiled Alaska: Get from the cruise-ship dock into the wild in ten minutes.

Plus: Choose the right Alaska cruise

For you younguns AARP Mission Statement

AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over.

AARP is dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age. We lead positive social change and deliver value to members through information, advocacy and service.

AARP also provides a wide range of unique benefits, special products, and services for our members.

These benefits include AARP Web site at http://www.aarp.org, "AARP The Magazine," the monthly "AARP Bulletin," and a Spanish-language newspaper, "Segunda Juventud."

Active in every state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP celebrates the attitude that age is just a number and life is what you make it.

Archived