Weather in September?

afcruiser

This question is for The Islander.

We just returned from a cruise and visited your beatiful island. The banana daiquiris were great. All-ready looking to book and Eastern itinerary for next September but am wondering about the weather. I know it's still Hurricaine season and I've read alot of tours do not operate this month.

Is this your rainy season as well?

Thanks for all of your great info. I will investigate further but would like to book today.

This question is for The Islander.

We just returned from a cruise and visited your beatiful island. The banana daiquiris were great. All-ready looking to book and Eastern itinerary for next September but am wondering about the weather. I know it's still Hurricaine season and I've read alot of tours do not operate this month.

Is this your rainy season as well?

Thanks for all of your great info. I will investigate further but would like to book today.

September, October and November are crap shoots in the Virgin Islands. You could be lucky and have perfect weather. On the other hand it could be miserable. Five years ago I went on a non cruise vacation to St John (Caneel Bay) and we had literally seven days of rain most of it so hard that we could not leave our cabin. It did wonders for our personal relaionship but I could have had the same experience at the Holiday Inn in Newark, NJ.

I would not risk a cruise vacation during those months.

September, October and November are crap shoots in the Virgin Islands. You could be lucky and have perfect weather. On the other hand it could be miserable. Five years ago I went on a non cruise vacation to St John (Caneel Bay) and we had literally seven days of rain most of it so hard that we could not leave our cabin. It did wonders for our personal relaionship but I could have had the same experience at the Holiday Inn in Newark, NJ.

I would not risk a cruise vacation during those months.

That's why the great rate for the cruise. Suffering from PCD and booking one helps. Especially when one can save so much money. Actually we had overcast and rain on this past cruise, but at least it was warm. Also it was a pretty rough ride departing St Martin. HHMMM Still debating and thanks for the info. Well just bring big umbrella's:p

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you enjoyed your visit! September weather... hurricane season is from June 1st to November 30th, historically the highest occurrences of storms are in August and September. If storm activity is expected to be affecting the VI area ships will re-route and head elsewhere. The rainiest months in the Virgin Islands are November, October, September, August and May - in that order. This doesn't mean we have rain everyday or all day during these months but looking at the whole month and comparing to other months they are the months we expect more rainfall. And yes even if its raining here, regardless of the month of the year, it is still warm.

Tours not operating in September - this would apply to some boat charters. Some boat owners head out of this area during hurricane season. Other tours like island tours, ecotours, attractions are open. Also you can contact boat charters if you were interested in this and just check around and see if you can find one that is staying around through hurricane season, some do.

--Islander

Archived