Amazing Medical Evacuation on the Miracle

toledo

The Coast Guard men and women should be applauded for the job they do. Every time they go out to save someone or pick up someone they are putting their lives at risk. Just because they aren't in Iraq or a foreign country I guess they don't get the attention. I know I will rest better on the ship knowing that if I need them, they will be there and always with a smile and a kind hand and encouraging words. :) God Bless not only the Coast Guard but all of our Military who risk their lives daily and I pray he keep them safe and out of harms way. :)

I have two Coasties! I am so proud of my sons. When I hear stories like this I realize how many unsung heros we have in the Coast Guard! Good job!

The Coast Guard is indeed a wonderful "family" and as the proud parent of two Coastie sons . . . I know you know what I mean. :p

I wonder what happens if the evacuee is not a US Citizen. Would it still be free, or how much would they then charge?

it's probably free for all, legal citizen or not, that is the american way after all isn't it? if you are a tax payer you probably end up paying for the evac.

Well, some people would be financially ruined by an expensive air-evacuation. I've had patients arrive by ambulance who were very worried about the money because they are barely making it financially. The cost of a regular ambulance is very high, I can't imagine a helicopter evacuation. When the ship is out of US waters and it's not "free," I would think it would be a very legitimate concern. Obviously survival is the most important thing, but finances are a huge concern to many people and not so easy to ignore.

I can tell you what happend to a friend of my parents (several years ago). He was in Canada and had a heart attack. His passport was taken away until his bill was paid in full. His sons had to get loans, fly to Canada, and pay his bill before he was allowed to return back to the states.

Medjet is your friend!

Archived