Sandman Hotel Downtown Vancouver

scooton

So I finally got my act together and booked our cruise for Aug. I decided to go with a package in our local travel agent instead of booking it only because it actually worked out cheaper. The deal includes a few nights in Vancouver in the Sandman hotel. I've read reviews of this hotel on trip advisor and they're not exactly great! Has anyone got any first hand experience of staying there? I'm tempted to phone the travel agent in the morning to try and upgrade the hotel.

I am assuming it is the one on West Georgia and if that is the case you will be ok. Sandman is a family company who own and operate quite a number of hotels and motels in the province. It has been some years since I have been in a room in that particular hotel and I know they have done a lot of remodelling over the years. It is more in the line of a Best Western or Ramada then Hyatt or Hilton but it is clean, should be comfortable, in the business core, good location can walk to a lot of the downtown sights, Georgia St. is an east/west transit artery and you should be able to get anywhere in the city from the hotel on transit. The only slight negative is there is a sports bar on the ground floor called the "Shark Club" and it can be a bit loud after a Canuck or BC Lions game....the Canucks wont be playing in August and the Lions could have one home game while you are there, I don't know. I wouldn't have a problem staying there.

Archived