Will Crocs work on Dunn's Falls?

CjKd

My nine year old daughter wore them last week on the falls and had no problem with them. I got the $5.99 water shoes at Target before we left and they worked great. They charge $5 to rent them once you are there.

I took a recommendation found on these boards, took an old pair of tennis shoes and after the falls found a trash can and put on my sandals. Worked great. Alot of people had slides and struggled not to lose their shoes. :cool:

Go to Target, I was there yesterday and they already have water shoes in. bought them in every size for my family. Do not wear crocs!! water shoes are tighter on your foot and have a rough bottom. you need this because the rocks could be very slippery in spots!!!

I would definitely recommend water shoes, especially since Target has them nice n' cheap. They were great when I climbed the Falls. My friend wore his scuba 'boots'---they keep the little pebbles out much better than just plain water shoes, but I will stick to my water shoes.

yeah, I agree that crocs are not good enough. I can imagine a croc slipping off, and watching it float away down the falls. Sure, someone back in the chain may stop it, but what a hassle. Just get the cheap water shoes at wal mart or target.

I agree-skip the crocs. It's not a support thing as much as it is a slippery thing, and again not slippery between the croc and the rocks, but more slippery between your feet and the croc. Walking around on flat land with wet crocs might be ok, but when you are climbing and needing sure footing, crocs are a disaster waiting to happen. I think even Tevas could be dangerous for the same reason as crocs. Old tennis shoes are good as long as the have some traction and aren't just plain keds or something with a smooth rubber sole-that would slip too I think. The ugly old water shoes work well and are cheapest. I have some like these and they worked great: http://www.mountaingear.com/item_images/mnfct2/common/keen/l_111219_s05_cnp.jpg

These were my excursion shoes so I didn't have to bring a pair of shoes to change into once I was there. I walked many miles of both beach and tar in these very comfortably. (Mine are way cuter-pink!)

Enjoy DRF!! You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived