Galveston/Hobby transport for 2?

helencw

I am flying in to Hobby with my 7 year old and staying one day precruise at the Moody Gardens. Are taxi's readily available at the airport? What would it cost? Is it a flat rate or metered? And after the cruise, is it easy to get a taxi from the cruise terminal back to the airport? Thanks for your help!

I am flying in to Hobby with my 7 year old and staying one day precruise at the Moody Gardens. Are taxi's readily available at the airport? What would it cost? Is it a flat rate or metered? And after the cruise, is it easy to get a taxi from the cruise terminal back to the airport? Thanks for your help!

Check out Enterprise by phone. The deal (a one-way)is not available on-line. We have a car from Hou airport to Galveston for $31 Another CC posted on the Gulf Coast boards that he just returned last week and rented a mid-size for $54.00 total for 2 days. We are paying for 2 days as the rental office in Galveston is closed on Sunday so they won't actually receive the car till Monday when they open. Still the best deal around. Two days total for $31.00, economy car. It's actually a little more but we have AARP. AAA also gets a discount but you can only use 1 discount. This gives us a car to get around and see some of TX and pick up anything we forgot before getting on the ship. The drop-off site is 3 miles from the pier. There is a $1.00 per person bus or a taxi for $10-$20 to get from the drop-off site to the ship.

Archived