NCL Gem Kiddie Pool

RadFamily

No, there are many "kiddie pools" on many ships...only a few of them accept non-potty trained children. NCL isn't one of them.

I just wrote about it here on a blog...it may help me to explain it better

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/

And just to verify, I went and pulled this from the NCL web site...

Are there any pool regulations?

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

The Gem has two pools and one indoor kiddie pool area. One is for adults, the second is for kids. They are very strict about enforcing the diaper rule. In fact I was holding my daughter just to get my sons attention that it was time to get out to get lunch and a man at the slide was blowing his whistle for me to stand back and the baby was not allowed in. I told him what I was doing and he let me go on. To the right of the kids pool they have a smaller childrens pool with a little slide. There is no sign that says diapers are allowed (I didn't recognize it anyway) but every child in that pool every day was in a diaper. I asked several NCL employees if diapers were permitted in the area and they said yes. And I never saw any employees check to see if kids were in diapers or not. I had a blow up pool that I put my daughter in so I stayed away from all pools with her. Plus I didn't like the idea of being trapped indoors and I wasn't able to watch my son in the bigger kids pool from in there. I think the best bet is to bring your own blow up pool. None of the employees said anything about me using it and at least 15 people said it was such a great idea.

Archived