Juneau Map & Cruise Ship Schedule

brunolvr

Thanks very much!

We'll be on one of 5 cruise ships in Juneau on May 28!

Now if I really want to be thorough (ok, obsessive :) ) I can look up the itinerary of each ship and check their hours in Juneau. Maybe some of them won't be there as long as we are and I can plan excursions to avoid the huge crowds as much as possible!

Thanks very much!

We'll be on one of 5 cruise ships in Juneau on May 28!

Now if I really want to be thorough (ok, obsessive :) ) I can look up the itinerary of each ship and check their hours in Juneau. Maybe some of them won't be there as long as we are and I can plan excursions to avoid the huge crowds as much as possible!

The times are shown right on the schedule!:)

http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2008/JNU_08.pdf

Actually there will only be 4 ships in Juneau at the same time on May 28th since the NCL Sun leaves then the Star Princess docks in its place.

Thanks for posting this info.

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to get from Dock A over to where Orca leaves from?

And I thought I read something about people having priority for disembarking if they are with a ship excursion. Can't you just walk off the ship once they give the go ahead? Thanks for any info.

Thanks for posting this info.

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to get from Dock A over to where Orca leaves from?

And I thought I read something about people having priority for disembarking if they are with a ship excursion. Can't you just walk off the ship once they give the go ahead? Thanks for any info.

Thanks for posting this OP.

Not know which ship you are on.

There is priority for disembarking on tenders for ships excursions. But since

you are docked you should not have an issue getting off the ship.

Are you touring with "orca enterprises" ? Is so you are not far at all to their office.

Thanks gazingm42. We are sailing on the Rhapsody and yes it is "Orca Enterprises". We are doing the whale watch at 12:30 p.m. and I just wanted to be sure we would have enough time to walk to their office.

It looks like Dock A is not as conviently located as the others. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle and what the cost is?

Thanks!

Hi, Lisa! Are you going to be on the Pearl? Dock A shown on the map is actually the AJ dock per the schedule. It is quite a walk from there into town.

I'm not sure about the other cruiselines, but in the past NCL has provided a free shuttle from where we dock to the Mount Roberts Tram area. They had several large buses running continuously all day back and forth.

Hi, Lisa! Are you going to be on the Pearl? Dock A shown on the map is actually the AJ dock per the schedule. It is quite a walk from there into town.

I'm not sure about the other cruiselines, but in the past NCL has provided a free shuttle from where we dock to the Mount Roberts Tram area. They had several large buses running continuously all day back and forth.

Yes, we will be on the Pearl! But two weeks after you, so leave her in good shape for us. ;)

Glad to hear there will be a shuttle - I'm "organizing" this trip for 18 extended family members and I've been telling everyone, "Oh, you can just walk off the ship and be right at the action," so I was a little worried when I saw where we would be docked. Mount Roberts Tram is something almost everyone wants to do (weather permitting, of course), so the shuttle sounds like just what we need. Plus, my brother will be flying down from Anchorage to meet us, so the tram station will be a good rendezvous point.

Thanks for the information and enjoy your cruise on the Pearl!

- Lisa

Thank you so much for posting this. I'll be on Infinity, so we're in Dock D. Can anyone tell me where the shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier picks up (or where to buy tickets?). Just trying to figure out where to head so I can beat the crowds!

Archived