Bringing Case Of Water On Board

jlefcourt

I'm sailing the Constellation transatlantic on April 11. I bought a plastic wrapped case of 24 water bottles at Walmart. Does anyone know if I will encounter any problem bringing on the ship? Thanks for your help

To answer your question, no you won't have any problems. I always take a case of water. I wrapped it in heavy tape so it won't fall apart, and put a baggage sticker on the top. We've been doing this for years on many ships (including Connie just last Feb). Case of water has always arrived safely with other luggage.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Just back from the Century - we packed a case of water in our luggage. After we got the luggage, there was a note inside saying they had gone through the bag, noted the water, but did not seize it. I assume the weight made it a suspicious bag and if it had been liquor, they would have confiscated that. So anyways, that was a long-winded way of saying, yes, you can bring water onboard.

I agree with Jan. Why hassle! The water onboard is fine. As far as going ashore, I take a thermos type bottle with a shoulder strap. Before going to bed at night, we fill it with any remaining ice and put it in the refrigerator. The next morning we finish filling it up with more ice or water and take it ashore. Works for us. :D

I've been thinking about bringing bottled water on the ship with me on my upcoming cruise, because I've read that the ship's water has a high sodium content. I've only sailed to warm locations (Mexico, Carribean) and on those sailings when I've drank ship water, I have noticed my fingers and ankles swelled. I thought that this may be because of the heat and humidity that I'm not used to.

Has anyone noticed edema when sailing to cooler locations (Alaska) and drinking the ship's water?

Thanks!

When I spoke to both my orthopedist and pulmonolgist, they said it's not really the water that causes the edema, but more a factor of the increased sodium intake via the food that most people are not used to eating. They do tend to use a whole lot more salt in their food than what I eat at home. BTW, when you consider that it's been proven that a lot of this bottled water is nothing more than regular tap water they put in a fancy bottle, for me it's not worth the hassle and expense.

I'm a professional taster (wine judge) and I have NEVER detected any elevated level of salt or sodium in the water on X. I'm told they take sea water and run it through a reverse osmossis unit. Those units pull out the sodium and lots of other bad stuff.

I have taken a case of water onboard Celebrity before, with no issue raised whatsoever. Routinely, I would not bother with that. I do usually take a couple bottles of water with my preferred sports-top caps so I have one for the room and one to carry with me (until I lose it). The water onboard tastes just fine.. it isn't always convenient to run to get some in the middle of the night though!

Archived