Valor to Hawaii via Esenada or Vancouver?

Unca Pete

Hi folks!

Has anyone here sailed on the Carnival 12-day cruise to Hawaii from either Vancouver or Ensenada? I'd like to hear about your experiences (links to older threads?) and if you had any problems or if you would or wouldn't the cruise again if you had a choice... I'm kind of favoring Ensenada since that will give us a chance to rest up in San Diego for a few days before sailing--we love SD and want to get back there for a few days, and a cruise is the perfect excuse:) to do so. Any problems getting to the pier from San Diego; I assume there are buses run between the airport and hopefully someplace in downtown SD as well?

Peter

Hi folks!

Has anyone here sailed on the Carnival 12-day cruise to Hawaii from either Vancouver or Ensenada? I'd like to hear about your experiences (links to older threads?) and if you had any problems or if you would or wouldn't the cruise again if you had a choice... I'm kind of favoring Ensenada since that will give us a chance to rest up in San Diego for a few days before sailing--we love SD and want to get back there for a few days, and a cruise is the perfect excuse:) to do so. Any problems getting to the pier from San Diego; I assume there are buses run between the airport and hopefully someplace in downtown SD as well?

Peter

Hi Peter,

We sailed the Spirit from Hawaii to Vancouver in 2006. It was great. Our reasoning was that we would run around Hawaii for 7 days and then have 5 days to relax before getting back to reality.

We flew into Honolulu a few days early and stayed in a hotel. Then we checked onto the ship and sailed around the Islands for 7 days. It was wonderful. Each day we took an excursion. The last 5 days back to Vancouver were very relaxing. It is a little strange to be at sea for 5 days with no land in sight, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We actually spent 2 days in Vancouver after the cruise. There were quite a few couples staying on the ship and doing the 7 night Alaska cruise. I was envious of them.

I know this isn't what you were asking about, but I wanted to let you know that the cruise is wonderful and worth every penny.

I did not know Valor was now sailing to Hawaii. Are you sure its not the

carnival Spirit?

Both ships are very nice ships. Either one you have a great cruise.

Sailing to/from Vancouver draw back is the price. Hotels in Vanocouver are

very very high.

The Spirit leaves Ensenada for Hawaii in two weeks and we shall be sailing with her. We would be happy to post our thoughts once we return.

I have not heard of any plans for the Spirit to be replaced by another ship. The Valor is too large to fit through the Panama canal so she would have to sail around Cape Horn, so I think the OP just mistook the Valor for the Spirit.

Archived