Wedding on deck...

msuash

I was just curious...

I am getting married aboard the Carnival Liberty this coming January. I anyone, or has anyone in the past who has gone carnival, been allowed to marry on deck??

When I first talked to them it sounded like this wasnt possible but I thought I read some posts that said it is.

Has anyone out there going carnival been allowed to do this?

I was told it was not possible. I just got married March 1 on Carnival's Imagination on embarkation day. We were married in the Curiosity Library while everyone else was boarding the ship.

I don't really see how it would be possible to be married on the deck. There's really no way to section it off for just you and your guests. The deck is open to everyone who is cruising, but they are able to block off the rooms where the weddings take place.

Besides, on the day we got married, the wind was insane! I was thankful we were indoors...otherwise my veil and gown would have been blowing all over the place! When we had to go to the deck during the muster drill, I had a pretty hard time trying not to flash everyone due to the wind.

Same here. The wind was CRAZY -- the outside pictures were saved until last becuase of the wind....My hair was nearly ruined - but at that point it didn't matter. If we had been married on deck I would have been fighting my dress and hair through the entire ceremony.

Archived