Help with booking

cweinzie

We are looking at booking for mid to late Feb 2009 on the Star to Mexico. Our 1st cruise was awesome last month. This time we will be bringing our 3.5 year old daughter. We would love a balcony or above but the price takes a big jump after BA. I don't see why we should consider a mini suite as I've read it is a glorified balcony. We had an aft AD on the Jewel and I really liked the aft. SO, on NCL.com I see that they still have aft BA. I've looked all over on other sites and I can't find a better price. Should I go for it now, since they have the stateroom we want? If so, should I book straight with NCL? Your help will REALLY be appreciated!

We had a mini-suite on our first cruise. We have booked balconies on the two since, and the two to follow. I don't see much difference. You should book what you want, for the date you want, and then let it go. Prices may go up or down, but you are now confirmed and planning for "your" cruise!! What can be better than that?:)

We are looking at booking for mid to late Feb 2009 on the Star to Mexico. Our 1st cruise was awesome last month. This time we will be bringing our 3.5 year old daughter. We would love a balcony or above but the price takes a big jump after BA. I don't see why we should consider a mini suite as I've read it is a glorified balcony. We had an aft AD on the Jewel and I really liked the aft. SO, on NCL.com I see that they still have aft BA. I've looked all over on other sites and I can't find a better price. Should I go for it now, since they have the stateroom we want? If so, should I book straight with NCL? Your help will REALLY be appreciated!

My recommendation would be to book now, with NCL...you'll be more likely to be able to take price adjustments between now and final payment, should there be a price drop. Getting a TA to do it can sometimes be tough. I would say to get yourself an outbound Personal Cruise Consultant...they'll be most likely to be able to help.

Another thing to keep in mind about the AF vs the BA...the AF has a bathtub, so if your little one doesn't take showers, this may be something to consider.

Great advice! I did book and I went through NCL personal cruise consultant. I looked everywhere and could not find a lower price. I am so happy to have gotten the exact cabin I wanted (BA aft) and now I only have to wait 300 and some days!!:rolleyes:

We have a BA aft on the Dawn for 5/11/2008. I checked the NCL site and online TA. The price was $899 for the BA with all the TA & $1149 with NCL. I called my PCC and got the $899 price & the aft cabin since it wasn't showing on any of the sites. If you have a PCC check with them first.

Our 1st cruise was awesome last month.

Addicting, isn't it?:D

Great advice! I did book and I went through NCL personal cruise consultant. I looked everywhere and could not find a lower price. I am so happy to have gotten the exact cabin I wanted (BA aft) and now I only have to wait 300 and some days!!:rolleyes:

I just read the thread but I would have advised the same, for you to book now, and glad to see you did. The aft cabins tend to go much quicker than others. Now you can concentrate on your excursions and researching your ports, which is just as addicting as cruising itself! Have a grand time!:D

Archived