Drink prices on the Norwegian Gem

Can anyone out there tell me what to expect price wise for drinks (of all sorts) on the NCL Norwegian Gem? Their website (like all operators) is great at selling their cruises, but doesn't give you any idea of on-board prices. The tipping charge is fine, I am prepared for that, but want to know more about other charges.:)

I called them ahead of time and had a bar set-up for in my cabin because the price is cheaper. Import beer is 4.95 and domestic beer is 3.95. I have sailed on the Gem once already and when I went to a bar to order a Cosmo it was 7.00. You can also buy buckets of beer and they charge $25.00 per bucket and that gets you six beers. They also put a 18% service fee on all bar purchases so you should not have to add anymore to the bill, unless you choose to.

I got an email from the gal doing Dawn. $40 for Finlandia Vodka & $3 Bar Set Up. Does that include tonic???? I can get cranberry juice or lemonade for my mixers but husband wants tonic.

I called them ahead of time and had a bar set-up for in my cabin because the price is cheaper. Import beer is 4.95 and domestic beer is 3.95. I have sailed on the Gem once already and when I went to a bar to order a Cosmo it was 7.00. You can also buy buckets of beer and they charge $25.00 per bucket and that gets you six beers. They also put a 18% service fee on all bar purchases so you should not have to add anymore to the bill, unless you choose to.

I got an email from the gal doing Dawn. $40 for Finlandia Vodka & $3 Bar Set Up. Does that include tonic???? I can get cranberry juice or lemonade for my mixers but husband wants tonic.

Does not include the tonic. I purchased tonic and I think I paid $2/per bottle.

• 3 weeks later...

This is slightly off topic (and possibly silly), but are you able to get frozen drinks without the souvenir cup? I'm prepared to pay a high price for my drink, but would rather not pay extra to get it in a cup that I'll never use again.

Can anyone out there tell me what to expect price wise for drinks (of all sorts) on the NCL Norwegian Gem? Their website (like all operators) is great at selling their cruises, but doesn't give you any idea of on-board prices. The tipping charge is fine, I am prepared for that, but want to know more about other charges.:)

The best deal on the ship is the martini clinic with armando. You get 4 different martinis for $15 and they were lots of fun. They had 4 martini clinics on our 7 day cruise and they were either at 4:30 or 5:00. Two of them were on sea days.

Thank god I'm not an alacohlic lol.

we went on the gem on its first transatlantic crossing, we we pleased with everything BUT the price of drink is very very high.

we live in portugal and pay in a shop for a californian red wine 1 euro 99 cents, this includes the shops profit and all taxes.... a restuarant price for house wine is about 7 euros

so I wonder why does house wine cost 22 dollars a bottle?

I noticed how few bottles were bought during dinner service, perhaps if the price came down to something like 10 dollars a bottle they might sell more

as for a bucket of beer, expect a shop price of 4 euros for a six pack and a rest price of 1 euro

Archived