X Youth Program & Excursions

JesMil

We are booked on the 5/30/08 Alaska Millennium. We are starting to book excursions, and my husband and I would like to do some more adventurous excursions without the kids (7 & 4). I am a little concerned about the hours of the youth program, meaning, if our excursion is between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., will the youth program provide care? Do we have to hire and pay for a baby sitter? Do we have to pay to have the kids stay for lunch? We have cruised with HAL, Princess and Carnival, and their programs all provided free care during the day time hours in port. I know we will learn more on the first day of the cruise, but I almost need to know the hours of care prior to booking the excursions. I sure would appreciate any input. Thanks.

We just got off X from a caribbean trip and I don't know if they will do the same for Alaska but I would think so. The kids program is open during port days, but some port days you had to pay for the kids to stay for lunch. Not always though and I'm not sure why. Usually they tell you to go pick up your kids and noon and then they re-open at 2:00. Since your kids are young you will probably want to get a babysitter. My daughter is 11 so she is able to sign herself in and out of the club whenever she wants. Your's obviously wouldn't be able to do that, so maybe just for your peace of mind, you would want to hire a babysitter. I think it would be well worth it. The babysitters on the ship are usually really nice and take really good care of your kids. Hope this helps.

The baby sitter is definitely one option, but you can do the "group baby sitting". This would be where you would arrange for them to be taken to lunch with they other kids who remain onboard. You pay for this on a per hour basis just for the hours that the kids club is not open. We have never done this, but it is my understanding that it works that way.

I appreciate the information. Do either of you know where I can get the Babysitter rates, group babysitter rates, or, the hours of the kids' program? X's website does not contain the specifics at all. Thanks again!

Archived