Pirates of Nassau Museum

jimdanahar

Is it worth the cost......not sure it was, but we paid it anyway. No idea of where you can get discount coupons. Maybe some of your group would just prefer to walk around the downtown area of Nassau, which if you stay on the main streets, appears to be safe.

We did the Pirates of Nassau museum 2 weeks ago on the Valor. Cost was $12 per person (adults). This is kind of a cheesy little museum, but worth a laugh. I wouldn't say it was fantastic or anything, but we enjoyed it. Have fun! :)

We did it about a month ago while on the NCL Gem. It was okay. Very informative. We asked the lady at the entrance if my son would be scared beforehand and she said no. But he was pretty scared and we zoomed by some parts. I'd go again without the kids and read all the information. This one part was particularly scary for my son, a disguised pirate was in his bit and it was abvious to see that my son was not liking it at all but the person never stopped. I would have understood if there would have been other museum goers around but at that particular time, we were the only ones around. Found him a bit annoying!

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

It is a bit chessy but Nassau unlike a lot of islands does have a very real big place in pirate history. Even the two most famous lady pirates were based out of Nassau. So if you are a bit interested in real pirate history it has its good points.

Archived