Mah Jongg/Infinity/April 28, 2008

hybrn8

I posted this over on the Roll Call board but it kinda got lost so will try again here:

Any players on this cruise? Bringing own set or will one by on ship? Adhere 100% to National League rules? Maybe we can find some time to play and figure out the new card......Will post privately if anyone's interested. Thanx..........

Anybody on Infinity now know whether there is a set available for play?

I posted this over on the Roll Call board but it kinda got lost so will try again here:

Any players on this cruise? Bringing own set or will one by on ship? Adhere 100% to National League rules? Maybe we can find some time to play and figure out the new card......Will post privately if anyone's interested. Thanx..........

Anybody on Infinity now know whether there is a set available for play?

I have never played other than solitaire on my computer and that was addictive! I would love to learn though - hubby and I are both big game players. The rules were not very straight forward to me when I read them online....maybe having someone show/explain would be better. Maybe we can hook up on one of our sea days if you don't mind teaching us?

Joni and Cal

the game has a pretty steep learning curve and it can take forever before the light goes off and you figure out what's what! I have tried several times to teach others and everyone just gives up, especially me because I just can't explain why things are the way they are! I am sorry but the game you play on the computer is apples and oranges from what I play. Just don't want to drag a set with me only to find out no one else on the ship plays or has the new card with them (I only buy one).

the game has a pretty steep learning curve and it can take forever before the light goes off and you figure out what's what! I have tried several times to teach others and everyone just gives up, especially me because I just can't explain why things are the way they are! I am sorry but the game you play on the computer is apples and oranges from what I play. Just don't want to drag a set with me only to find out no one else on the ship plays or has the new card with them (I only buy one).

You just made me feel SOOO much better! I thought I must be an idiot for not being able to figure it out!

I don't blame you - it is not fun to struggle through teaching someone something complex on your vacation. Thanks for being so candid!

Have a great cruise!

Joni

Was on the Constellation last month. They DID HAVE mah jongg sets available. They tried to set up a game for the passengers, but the only people that signed up were our three couples traveling together.

Maybe you can check with X to make sure they have a mah jongg set on the Infinity.

I always thought that people brought their own sets aboard. Now I know that X might have some on their ships in case I want to play. For those who are interested, Yahoo Games has MJ online that you could follow along and try to learn.

Archived