Transfer from Dover to LHR

Tammiko

Hello all, I have just been told by my TA that I should still be able to get a NCL transfer to the airport on the ship even though I did not book through NCL and that it is only 10 days away! Thank goodness!

My questions are for anyone who has ever done this. When and where do I do this... should I do it as soon as I get on the ship because they are limited? Do you know how much it costs? What time it leaves? Will they take my luggage right to the airport without my having to claim it in the morning if I put it out the night before? Is there only one stop or will they go to the various terminals?

I think that is all my questions unless you have anything else to add that I forgot to ask for? BTW, thank you so much. I know many have already said this, but CC really is a wonderful, invaluable resource because of the people who are kind enough to take the time to answer.

Not sure about NCL. Carnival changes $85 per person each way and 1 way transfers are available and you buy them on the ship. No need to rush to buy them, they will just order more buses.

I did see this on an NCL UK website:

http://www.ncl.eu/more/hotels.htm - says 38 squiggly things, but I assume on the cruise ship they would charge in US dollars the equivalent.

Not sure about NCL. Carnival changes $85 per person each way and 1 way transfers are available and you buy them on the ship. No need to rush to buy them, they will just order more buses.

I did see this on an NCL UK website:

http://www.ncl.eu/more/hotels.htm - says 38 squiggly things, but I assume on the cruise ship they would charge in US dollars the equivalent.

Thank you for your response! This line 'Only available on the day of embarkation and disembarkation.' Makes me feel much better!

Your TA sould get your transfer . we got our TA to get our transfer . I think it was around 80 us . Its an 2 1./2 our trip . What time is your plane flight?

Thank you Bill! My TA did try this morning, but unfortunately I was too late as they quit selling them two weeks before sailing. My fault as I wasn't sure if we would be staying or not! I think that I will be leaving at 3:00. What time does the bus leave?

Thank you for your response! This line 'Only available on the day of embarkation and disembarkation.' Makes me feel much better!

I think that means the transfers themselves (the buses) are only available on those days but you could certainly purchase on the ship prior to the day of disembarkation. They will probably cut off the ticket sales prior to the day of disembarkation.

I would try to book at least two days before disembarkation. I know on one of my previous cruises, the last bus they'd ordered for airport transit was filled with one day remaining on the cruise, and they said they didn't have time to book additional buses so they had to turn people away.

I think that means the transfers themselves (the buses) are only available on those days but you could certainly purchase on the ship prior to the day of disembarkation. They will probably cut off the ticket sales prior to the day of disembarkation.

I would try to book at least two days before disembarkation. I know on one of my previous cruises, the last bus they'd ordered for airport transit was filled with one day remaining on the cruise, and they said they didn't have time to book additional buses so they had to turn people away.

DUHHHH :o Am I an idiot or what??? Of course that is what it means! Thank you Nola and Reebster! I am embarassed now, but still ever so grateful, for that matter, even more so!!! ;)

DUHHHH :o Am I an idiot or what??? Of course that is what it means! Thank you Nola and Reebster! I am embarassed now, but still ever so grateful, for that matter, even more so!!! ;)

No need to be embarrassed - just don't let a second deadline pass you by.

Addressing your other question about debarkation and transfer to the airport...On NCL you get off the ship and pick up your bags or get a red cap and take the bags out to a bus. Your luggage may go under your bus or in a big truck which follows the buses. At the airport, they unload the bags and you take them off on trolleys to your ticket window. NCL issues different colored tags for different flight times. That color determined the order you could leave the ship and which airport bus you took. That's what they did last October anyway. It went very smoothly in spite of the fact that everybody was up tight.

Good Luck. This time we're sharing a van with 5 others from the ship. It's easier and cheaper.

Addressing your other question about debarkation and transfer to the airport...On NCL you get off the ship and pick up your bags or get a red cap and take the bags out to a bus. Your luggage may go under your bus or in a big truck which follows the buses. At the airport, they unload the bags and you take them off on trolleys to your ticket window. NCL issues different colored tags for different flight times. That color determined the order you could leave the ship and which airport bus you took. That's what they did last October anyway. It went very smoothly in spite of the fact that everybody was up tight.

Good Luck. This time we're sharing a van with 5 others from the ship. It's easier and cheaper.

Do they drop folks at different LHR terminals or is it a central location?

Thanks for the answers! I would love to share a van but I am too late! We thought we were staying on until the 8th as that is the earliest that Air Transat flies but now we are traveling with BA and it leaves on the 5th. So, of course, by now, you guys are all grouped and we are going to have to take the shuttle or pay for a private ride for two... OUCH! :( Wish we could have gotten on with someone else!

Tammiko, Connect Reneemor , he might be able to set you up For ncl Jewel Trip. She set me up.

Thanks, apparently they are all full right now. I will post and see if anyone else joins late, just in case! :)

Archived