DAWN PRINCESS has not cancelled 10/11/04 Monday yet

tamariadawn

They will probably wait to tell you until you are on the ship that you won't be stopping in GCM. I don't think that the island will be ready for tourist for months and definitely not any time in October.

Check Caymanairways.com to see when they are going to start allowing non-residents to travel and stay on the island.

I don’t expect to hear anything about Grand Cayman until we get aboard. My guess is that Grand Cayman will be replaced with another sea day. Since we won’t be spending 7 hours in port there, I’m hoping that they will give us more time in Ocho Rios, since the time there was reduced a few months ago to give us more time to get to Grand Cayman due to the engine problems.

Jim

The Dawn was supposed to go to Grand Cayman on 10/27 but it has been cancelled. I would check your cruise personalizer. I am guessing that if they cancelled it for the 27th, they have cancelled it for this trip as well. They are giving us two extra hours in Cozumel and a day at sea instead.:(

Chrissie

A lot of the cruise lines are doing this.:( I was just reading a thread on the Carnival boards with a similar complaint. The person was complaining that Carnival knows it's not going to the Cayman Islands, so why not come clean and admit they are not going instead of letting people think they still have a chance of going. I told them that most of the cruise lines are doing this. And this posting proves it. Though, Carnival has finally taken Grand Cayman off of the itinerary for all of it's ships for the month of October. I imagine the other cruise lines will do the same. I've done extensive research on the damage in Grand Cayman because I was hoping our ship might be able to go the first week in November. But I doubt we will be able to go. And I seriously doubt you will go either. Bumber!:( Oh well, it just gives me an excuse to book another cruise that goes to the Cayman Islands. I will keep cruising until I get to go there. The last couple of cruises I went on skipped Grand Cayman due to rough seas. Now we will miss it due to hurricane Ivan.:(

Archived