Carnival Freedom Review- Eastern Caribbean

PaulMedik

jrmende63,

6442 was the noisy cabin. It's an 8A with an extra long balcony. The noise wasn't so bad as the vibration that went along with it. My boys room had no vibration and the noise was considerably less than 6442. The noise in my boys cabin didn't warrant asking for an OBC.

My guess is that the stairwell adjacent to 6442 allowed the noise and vibration to permeate more. The folks next to us in 6450 didn't mention it so their's must have been better insulated.

The next cabin up may be over a different area and may be less noisy.

FDUPPER2.GIF

Ugh, figures....I'm booked on the Freedom in February and guess which cabin???...That's right, 6442....I really hope it's not that bad...? Or maybe with enough complaints Carnival will be able to add some sound-proofing to absorb the noise and vibrations, etc?....That would ruin the trip if we couldn't get to sleep until 12:30....

• 7 months later...

To correct you, VIP is normally for guest who have reached Platinum status (10 or more cruises) rather than, " It is roped off as VIP and is used only for guests arriving very early."

Archived