Anyone ever cruise Celebrity with kids?

helenb

Before kids, Celebrity was our favorite cruise line. Since we've started cruising with the kids, we've mostly stuck with Princess, although we also have done Disney (love it!) and RCCL (better left unmentioned).

We have booked the inaugural cruise of the Celebrity Equinox, and it appears that this class of ships will have a wonderful kids' club and facilities.

But I'm just wondering in general how Celebrity is for children. What kinds of activities do they have in the Kids' Club? What's the Kids' Menu like in the dining room? I know the crowd there can be a little 'stuffier' than on Princess, and I'm already preparing to teach my kids how to deal with that aspect of it. ;)

Anyone been on Celebrity before with kids?

We cruised with Celeberity on the Millenium when our first daughter was 10 months old. Although she was too young for the kids club(3 years and older). We did use the in room evening babysitting often. We had 2 sitters which our daughter loved. One was the spouse of an officer and one was a front desk purser. There is no guarantee you will get a sitter and there is an hourly charge...I believe it was $8 for one child and is payed cash to the sitter. There is not a whole lot for the kids to do other than the pool. She was not really eating alot of table foods other than breads and pastas at the time and it was pretty accesible. The dining room staff was always willing to bring her whatever we needed within reason. There are high chairs available in all dining areas. Overall it was a good experience and it wasn't so packed with kids that we felt we didn't have a vacation of our own!

We did the Summit in February with our 3 sons (9,4,&3). They had a great time. They went to the kids club periodically and really liked it. I don't think they have as many kids on the cruise, as say Royal Caribbean, so they really take care of them. We dined every night with our kids in the dining room (late seating). You'll have a fabulous time with your kids on Celebrity.

PS

We had a corner family veranda and it was by far the best room we ever had. The veranda was bigger than the cabin. We're spoiled for the rest of our cruising days.;)

Love Celebrity. My son ranks the Millenium as his favorite ship (he has been on the QM2 three times since our last Celebrity cruise and still thinks Celebrity is better than the others we have sailed.)

I personally love Celebrity. The "Fun Factory" is the best program at sea...from what i have seen.

Go have a ball!:D :) :p

Thanks for the reviews! I've cruised Millenium and Infinity, but both were so long ago, and before we were seriously looking at Kids' facilities. I love that this new Solstice Class seems to have a really large children's area. On other cruises, my kids have just wanted to stay in the Kids' Club as long as they could, although they've also enjoyed pools, minigolf, etc.

I'm feeling good about this one... now I only have to wait 500 days to go! :D

Archived