Kleine Beach, Kleine Knip, Groot Knip ??

aeronan

I'm confused! Are these all one & the same beach? If so, how far away is the beach from the cruise port & what is the best way to get there? And finally what will transportation cost?

Thanks

Are these Curacao Beaches or Bonaire Beaches?

Gosh, I thought they were Curacao beaches! The one that interests me most is Grote Knip Beach (I think also known as Playa Abou or Knip Bay or Cas Abou). Kleine Knip (I think also known as Kenepa or Little Knip) is apparantly very close to it but much smaller.

Anyone heard of the beaches that are close together, one small & one large & apparantly some type of path that leads from one to the other? If you have any idea what I'm talking about, how far away are they from the cruise port & by what means would I get there, bus, taxi etc. What could I expect for transportation costs?

Thanks

aeronan, We were at Grote Knip last week. The sign to get there says Playa Abou ( Cas Abou is in a different place). We rented a car. I don't think you can get there any other way. It is too secluded to take a taxi and expect to get one to get you back. There was nothing open there. There were some picnic tables under shade and very few people. The beach is beautiful and the snorkling was pretty good. It would be a good walk to Klein Knip. You pass it on the way in. It's about a 30-45 min drive from the port.

Archived