Boatswain's Beach & Marine Park

we did this excursion and was unimpressed. The water quality was bad. Brown algae covered everything and floated all through the water. The were only 4 different kinds of fish in the snorkeling lagoon, and they were balled up under the insert 25 cents, feed fish pellet machine. The good parts are that the park is super clean, staff friendly. You get to hold a turtle and see the famous Cayman blue iguana. We have been to similar parks in the past, and have never seen the water like this. We would not do this again. Wished we would have done the airplane snorkeling charter instead.

00040002.jpg.af74439c8334013445804d08ee24b1ef.jpg

Being a sea turtle lover, I found this excursion to be awesome. My husband and I loved it. I thought that the best part was the snorkling lagoon where we were able to swim with the sea turtles. There were two that swam around me for about 10 minutes. I will agree that the fish were limited and mostly were found in the far corners of the lagoon. It was very neat to be able to snorkle up to the glass that separates the lagoon from the shark tank.

The only part that I did not like was the overpriced cafeteria where half of the selections included sea turtle meat.

Archived