1st time cruising 21Jun08 on the Liberty

lucky253

Hello,

We are on the Liberty 21Jun08. This is our 1st cruise ever. While extremely excited, very nervous as well. I really want to do the dolphin excursion in cozumel as my children (4 & 8) are looking forward to it, I am not sure whether to book with Carnival or Shore Trips. Has anyone been on this excursion in Cozumel?? Any suggestions for excursions or beach days in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman??

Any other useful tips are welcome, as we are not sure of what to expect.

Has anyone been on the Liberty lately??? Thanks for the help.

Lucky253

:) :p ;) :rolleyes:

Hello,

We are on the Liberty 21Jun08. This is our 1st cruise ever. While extremely excited, very nervous as well. I really want to do the dolphin excursion in cozumel as my children (4 & 8) are looking forward to it, I am not sure whether to book with Carnival or Shore Trips. Has anyone been on this excursion in Cozumel?? Any suggestions for excursions or beach days in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman??

Lucky253

We were on the Liberty last July. It's a beautiful ship. It launched in 2005 so it's one of the newest Carnival ships. I would suggest that you eat at Harry's Supper Club. There is a fee of $30 per person, but the food is wonderful. It's not really a place for children though.

We didn't do the same itinerary as you so I can't comment on the excursions.

You will have a great time.:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here is a link to the Roll Call for your sailing on the Liberty: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=691096

Also, do you know about the Ports of Call section of the boards? Go to the bottom of your screen and where it says "Forum Jump", click on Ports of Call for Cozumel, Ocho and Grand Cayman ~ you can find out lots of info about your ports over there as well.

Coz was one of my favorite ports, but we just went to Paradise Beach that day. GC, we did a Carnival snorkeling excursion that was fun. But, the "thing to do" in Grand Cayman is to swim with the stingrays ~ very popular and lots of different excursions for that. Haven't been to Ocho Rios, so can't help you there.

You will LOVE cruising! It's great. Have fun! :)

Hello,

Lucky253

We've never been on the Liberty but we have been to the same POC's. In Cozumel we taxied to the town square and browsed the shops and cantinas. Food was excellent. In Ocho Rios, we bused to the botanical gardens and climbed Dunns River Falls. The falls might be a little overwhelming and for your

4 y.o. but during the excursion we took everyone held hands and helped each other. Our girls loved it. In the Cayman's we went to a small beach and toured the shops. CONGRATULATIONS on your first cruise. We didn't know what to expect on our first cruise but quickly found out that it was way beyond anything we could have dreamed.

I just got off the Liberty on Saturday. I would highly recommend the Dunns River Falls and River Tubing in Ocho Rios. We booked with Phil Lafayette and he was a wonderful tour guide. This time around, we did not do an excursion in Grand Cayman, but 4 years ago we did the Stingray City tour with Capt. Brian (I think that was his name). That excursion was a blast too!

I would also highly recommend a trip to Harry's Supper Club. We had dinner there our last night and it was the best meal of the trip! If I had made reservations early in the week, we probably would have gone twice.

Enjoy your time on the Liberty. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise!

Hi Lucky253,

Here's the info for booking with Phil. I think he only checks his email once per day so it may take about 24hrs for him to reply back.

http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com

I will have to do a little searching through some old email to find info on Capt. Brian. We booked with him in 2004, so I just have to dig around a little to find his information. I will post again if I find the info.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Nitlions :)

Hello,

Lucky253

Hey, Lucky. Do check out the roll call thread. We booked our dolphin swim through www.cozumelinsider.com We are doing the royal swim and get free admission to the park.

It will be our first cruise on the Liberty (same sailing as you) and can't wait. The boards have so much info and are very helpful for preparing for your cruise.

We just came back from Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios......We used Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman.....they did an outstanding job and as for Ocho Rios We used Barrett Adventures.....If you google them you will find all the info you need. We had a large group however so that may make a difference. Both are very beautiful places....Have fun!!!!!!!!

Archived