? about Luggage on cruises

mskitty331

going to Bermuda on 6/1 from Boston, would like to know if luggage can be locked when checking on the cruise ship. I know from experience on the airlines that luggage cannot be locked cause of restrictions due to 9/11

But I would like to know what to expect when we have to check our luggage.

You can lock your luggage. They do x-ray screen it, and if something appears suspicious (booze) they will drop off a note to your cabin - as opposed to dropping off the bag itself. You will then be instructed where to go to retrieve your bag. They will make YOU open it in front of them.

You can lock your luggage. They do x-ray screen it, and if something appears suspicious (booze) they will drop off a note to your cabin - as opposed to dropping off the bag itself. You will then be instructed where to go to retrieve your bag. They will make YOU open it in front of them.

I'm making every effort to put all liquids in one suitcase and carry that one on so they can inspect it right then and there. Hopefully that will keep me from having to identify anything in the "naughty" room. But in the event that I do get called, will THEY not deliver it back to your cabin? I think I have other things to do besides tote my luggage thru throngs of people! Thanks if you know the answer.

Archived