Tables for two

Murphey

We were on the waiting list for Traditional Dining, Late. Started 70th in line, steadily moved down and now we're confirmed. However, I heard somewhere that the Star doesn't have tables for two in the dining room....is this for real????? We requested a TF2, so I don't know why we would'nt have been told this in the beginning? Comments??

Hi Murphy,

When you request a table for 2-4-6-8-10, Princess will try their best to accomodate you; however, there is no guarantee that you will get your request.

After you finish your first supper meal onboard, go a speak with the Maitre 'd, and ask for a table for two if you were not assigned one in the first place.

You might find dining with other people enjoyable. We always request a table for six as all can join in any conversation. Tables for 8 or 10, both ends of the table are left out of many conversations.

Over the years we have made many new friends that we still keep in contact with from having shared a table with them during a cruise.

We were on the waiting list for Traditional Dining, Late. Started 70th in line, steadily moved down and now we're confirmed. However, I heard somewhere that the Star doesn't have tables for two in the dining room....is this for real????? We requested a TF2, so I don't know why we would'nt have been told this in the beginning? Comments??
The Star has many more tables for two in the Capri and Portofino Dining Rooms which are the personal choice dining rooms. We just spent 24 days on the Star and had a table for two for all meals in the dining room. We choose "anytime dining" just to be assured we do have a table for two.

FYI- the Star Princess did not allow people assigned to Traditional Dining to use the "Anytime" dining rooms. They checked cruise key-cards each night and turned people away. Our table for 2 had been a table for 4 and people we met wanted to join us one night because they did not like their table assignment in traditional. They were refused entry to the dining room until I said they were joining us at our table which we had a standing reservation for.

Hi Murphy,

When you request a table for 2-4-6-8-10, Princess will try their best to accomodate you; however, there is no guarantee that you will get your request.

After you finish your first supper meal onboard, go a speak with the Maitre 'd, and ask for a table for two if you were not assigned one in the first place.

You might find dining with other people enjoyable. We always request a table for six as all can join in any conversation. Tables for 8 or 10, both ends of the table are left out of many conversations.

Over the years we have made many new friends that we still keep in contact with from having shared a table with them during a cruise.

Thanks for your replys. We have always had a table for two in all of our crusing days (30 +). Our rational.....I wouldn't even want to eat with our adult children for the entire length of a cruise these days! There are many opportunities to meet other people and to spend time with other people. But dinner time has always been a romantic dinner with just the two of us. We eat at our own pace, have a 10 minute window when we can arrive without making others wait, etc. Our favorite venue has been requesting a table for 4 and have it set for 2. That way if we meet someone charming we ask them to join us for an evening. (Like you Burt; I think you are on the same cruise with us in Nov.!!) This only works when we eat late and the seating is not full. I asked about the Star, because we have not been on her yet. The other issue, is that if there are no tables for 2, we might as well change to PC and give up our spot to someone else!!

I know the Grand doesn't have any tables for two in traditional and since the Star is a sister ship I would think they wouldn't either. we have never had trouble getting a table for two in the anytime dining rooms.

Scott

I understand requesting a table for 2 and not being guaranteed it. My complaint is that on both of our Princess cruises we were told our request was noted but no one ever told us it was impossible because there are no tables for 2 in traditional dining. We would not have booked either cruise if we had known this.

I understand requesting a table for 2 and not being guaranteed it. My complaint is that on both of our Princess cruises we were told our request was noted but no one ever told us it was impossible because there are no tables for 2 in traditional dining. We would not have booked either cruise if we had known this.

Exactly....although, I don't think it would keep me from booking, it would be nice to know ahead. I will in the future, however, think twice about which ship we are booking on. BTW, the Coral/Island did have Tf2 in the traditional dinning room.

• 3 weeks later...

I found it fascinating that folks would want a table for two --- I've a table for 2 every night for 23 years (thank goodness) so when we're on a cruise I want to meet other people. Only one night per cruise do we request a table for 2. Guess that's why there's all different sizes and choices. Ain't life grand?!

We go through stages.....usually we cruise with friends so we eat with them. When it's just DH and I we'll eat with other people but sometimes you want some quality alone time.

Either that or we're still overwhlemed by the odd tablemates we had on a previous cruise so we like to go solo occasionally LOL

Antisocial freaks.

Just kidding. We like that too, from time to time, getting to spend some quality time alone. :)

bwhahahhahahahahahahahahahhahaha

actually, usually it's when we do traditional dining and we get stuck with antisocial freaks at our table that we feel a little burned out with eating with people we don't already know.

Archived