Parental Consent document???

I am in freak mode now. We are leaving for our vacation tomorrow and will be taking my 9 yr old nephew with us from NC and I just realized that the document my SIL sent us for parental consent ISN'T NOTARIZED!!!

What are my options?? Does anyone have a blank form that they can send me or can she just type the same language and then sign and have it notarized? I am kicking myself for not noticing this until now. Will RCCI take a faxed copy?

What are the rules on this?

:sigh:

www.globetrektravel.com/minortravelforms.pdf

Go to that website and print out the correct forms (there are 3 options). I read on another thread that someone was able to get a faxed form to RCCL when they were denied boarding w/o having it (they were at the dock).

I have read numerous postings on this subject and it seems pretty hit and miss if you have to produce the appropriate documents. People have travelled often and never been asked and others have and were denied boarding. It depends on the person checking you in, I guess, if they are being a stickler for procedure or not.

Good luck with this. My experience has been all of the above: from not required to show documentation to almost being denied boarding because the AOS staffer didn't like the way the document was notarized. That's right, I had a notarized permission slip but the employee didn't like the way it was notarized. I still don't understand what that problem was all about. Our embarkation was delayed almost an hour until the powers that be let us on.

Oh wow! They seriously were going to deny you boarding for the way the paper was notarized???? that is nuts!

Thanks so much. I talked to my SIL and I emailed her the form to sign and have notarized, she said she'll just send it along with my nephew. (phew)

Hopefully it all works out!

Thanks so much!

Yes, it was nuts to be stressing over whether or not we were going to go on vacation because of the way a document was notarized. We live in LA and we were trying to get on AOS in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I am so glad for you that you noticed the oversight BEFORE you left. Think of this hassle as insurance--you probably won't even be asked for the paperwork! Murphy's Law would be that of course you would be asked if you didn't have everything in proper order.

Bon Voyage and good work!!! (I'm jealous you are leaving tomorrow--I have to wait until July for our cruise and I am SOOO ready to leave now!)

After many years of waiting until the last minute for my daughter's father to "decide if he was going to sign the paperwork" so she could travel out of the country with me - I learned on our last cruise that as long as the child has a passport, you do not have to have any other paperwork!! And since all travel now requires passports....:)

After many years of waiting until the last minute for my daughter's father to "decide if he was going to sign the paperwork" so she could travel out of the country with me - I learned on our last cruise that as long as the child has a passport, you do not have to have any other paperwork!! And since all travel now requires passports....:)

Interesting, but all travel does not require passports. At this time passports are not required to cruise.

I've also heard that just having a passport doesn't necessarily mean squat!

Well, I hope you always get an easy-going check in person. I know that RCCL and Carnival policy requires the notarized letter. I can't speak for other cruise lines.

On each of our 6 cruises (most recently last week) I have taken a letter, and I have not once been asked for it. My girls have passports, and they ask them who they are traveling with and if they are what relation the person is they are traveling with, but they've not once asked for the letter.

On each of our 6 cruises (most recently last week) I have taken a letter, and I have not once been asked for it. My girls have passports, and they ask them who they are traveling with and if they are what relation the person is they are traveling with, but they've not once asked for the letter.

There is always a first time.

Archived