Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami

turtlegirl2

Wondering if anyone can help me with logistics of getting from FLL to Port of Miami? If we fly into FLL, how long is the drive to the cruise ships and what is the best way to get there - shuttle, Carnival transfer shuttle, cab, etc? Any ideas on costs to/fro? Thanks in advance!

Jacque

We took a shuttle from our hotel. Our hotel arranged the pick up at the hotel and then again from the ship back to the airport. It took about an hour ride each way. Cost was $55 per person. I think if I were to do it again I would book a taxi. so we would not have to wait at the pier for the bus. It took forever for them to pick us up there.

We flying into Fort Lauderdale one day prior to sailing from Miami. We have booked a room at Comfort Inn Airport/Cruise Port South in Fort Lauderdale and have been told that they have a shuttle service in their lobby (this is different from their shuttle service that picks us up at the airport). We called the shuttle service (can't remember their name) and they told us that our party of 8 could get shuttled to the Port of Miamia for a TOTAL of $80 (yes, $10 pp). They will also pick us up and take us to the Fort Lauderdale airport for our return flight for the same price.

We thought that was an awesome price. If anyone has used this hotel/service and has any comments, good or bad, please please post here!

We flew in the day before so we rented a vehicle and drove to Miami. The next day we returned the car to the rental place in Miami and they shuttled us to the port. The rental car was cheaper than a shuttle or a taxi since we bid on it.

We may do this for our trip on Valor this November. Do you remember which car rental company you used that had a shuttle to the port, or will all of them drop you off at the port?

We did the same thing last October before our cruise on the Triumph. We rented a car through Alamo and it was super convenient. I think the rental car cost us a total of $100 for our family of 4 (approx $50 each way) plus we had the opportunity to see the city a little since we had a later flight coming home.

The Alamo rental cars are located right in the airport so it was very quick- I booked online w/ a credit card and i didn't even have to see an attendant when we got our car - just swiped my cc at a kiosk and picked a car from the class we paid for. Also just FYI we stayed at the Sheraton at FLL - took a total of about 4 minutes to drive there and very clean and plush - only downside was $10 parking fee.

We arrived the day before the cruise and rented a car from Alamo. We had a coupon that gave us a price of $25 for day. We drove to the Alamo drop off point at the Miami Airport the next day and dropped off the car there. They have shuttles that take you from Alamo to the cruise ship.

Checking out floridalimo.com now. Thanks Bunkie! My DH really doesn't want to rent a car for just one day. He says too much hassle. Now, to find a hotel in Miami/SB area so we can get a good Cuban meal before our cruise! I just noticed you are doing the same cruise we are in June. Please post your review when you get back!! Thx again!

We flew in the day before so we rented a vehicle and drove to Miami. The next day we returned the car to the rental place in Miami and they shuttled us to the port. The rental car was cheaper than a shuttle or a taxi since we bid on it.

Where did you bid on car. I tried priceline, but it doesn't seem to have a spot to have a separate dropoff from pickup airport? Any help would be appreciated.

Archived