Shore Excursions/Palo Reservations

disney_crzer_08

We are 75 days out to our first Disney Cruise. I have tried to register online for shore excursions & Palo reservations. So far, I have been unsucessful. Any suggestions/ideas? For Palo, only the first night is open so far. . . .as for the shore excursions, it gives me two options, but says there is no room for my party of 4 (Dolphin swim).

Any suggestions?

We are 75 days out to our first Disney Cruise. I have tried to register online for shore excursions & Palo reservations. So far, I have been unsucessful. Any suggestions/ideas? For Palo, only the first night is open so far. . . .as for the shore excursions, it gives me two options, but says there is no room for my party of 4 (Dolphin swim).

Any suggestions?

If you cant get reservations on line to work call DCL and tell them. we had a cruise once where we couldnt get anything to work online but we called and they got things set up for us right away since the on line wasnt working.

Palos any night is fine even the first night. You can also make Palos reservations as soon as you get on the ship too. One of the clubs will be open for dining reservations. they always save a few openings for those who dont have internet access.

as for excursion suggestions you didnt say what cruise your on, so I dont know what excursions could be offered to you.

mom x4,grandma x4

It's possible that the other Palo nights and the shore excursions are already full, rather than 'not open for registration' yet. Some people can book things 90 days in advance, can't they? When I went to book Palo at 75 days, all that was available was the first night as well. The rest were full.

Any suggestions?

I just returned from our first Disney cruise in Western Caribbean on Apr. 12 and had some of the same concerns since I had not been able to secure a res for Palo even having booked the trip nine months prior. We got to the port about 11:45 am, took about an hour to get checked in and register the kids and get into queue for boarding, got on about 1 pm. I went to RockingD bar and got on the Palo waiting list (easy, no lines) and got a call that night for brunch the following day (was superb) and dinner the next two nights which we subsequently turned down since we were enjoying dinner with the whole family so much. we didn't sign up for any excursions except for stingray swim at Castaway cay but were able to do just about all the shore excursions independently, same as you see on the web site but age restrictions with my 4 yr old kept us from doing some of the stuff that we could book independently .. don't sweat it or try to overplan. it's more fun just playing it by ear and talking to other folks on the cruise for ideas.

Some people can book things 90 days in advance, can't they?

Yes, Castaway Club members can book 90 days ahead. I believe those who are staying in a categories 1-3 can book 100 days ahead.

:mad: :mad: Seriously - this is starting to really un-nerve me. I CAN"T book anything on line. My family and I are so hyped up about this cruise, and the frustration of not being able to secure shore excursions, really is putting a damper on my plans.

If anyone has any ideas, please send them my way.

The gods must be listening. I was able to FINALLY secure dolphin swim reservations thru Disney. I did have to book in Puerta Vallarta (not my first choice) but at this point I didn't care. Hopefully we can get Palo reservations online.

I guess checking daily online is the only way to go. Best of luck.

If you are a first time cruiser with Disney, they may not allow you to book online. It may be reserved just for the Castaway Club people. We couldnt book online last year for our first cruise. We didnt have any problems getting reservations onboard for our 7day cruise. It is a must!

• 4 weeks later...
If you are a first time cruiser with Disney, they may not allow you to book online. It may be reserved just for the Castaway Club people. We couldnt book online last year for our first cruise. We didnt have any problems getting reservations onboard for our 7day cruise. It is a must!

thats really good to know...thanks midwest for that info...so who would I call to book things? You cant call DCL except during their regular business hours

Any suggestions?

If there is a special occassion you want to get Palo for a particular night call. Five years ago, before online reservations were commonplace, I needed to get Palo reservations for the night of our wedding anniversary and did not want to chance it during the mad rush upon boarding. I called, eventually reached a very helpful person who was extremely understanding and took care of everything for us.

Howard

People in cat 1-3 can book at 105 days. Also those purchasing the Romantic Escape at Sea (REAS) package can book at 105 days. Returning cruisers (Castaway Club Members) can book at 90 days. First time cruisers can book at 75 days.

You can only book online if you are paid in full.

Unfortunately this tiered booking does cause trouble for first time cruisers. Palo fills up quickly for dinners though you can usually still get a brunch. The most popular excursions often fill up quickly as well.

Many people have reported that by checking it every day they eventually find what they want has opened up. This is most likely due to people changing plans and dropping reservations of excursions or Palo seatings.

For Palo you can also often get your reservation if you go immediately to Rocking Bar' D on board as soon as you get on.

Good luck!

Jim

Archived