Noise and smoke from above and below: Any problems?

Bishopcfd

Greetings,

I have been posting questions recently. I truly appreciate all responses because it is making my job alittle easier in deciding which cruise line and which room to choose.

I do have a question. My last cruise was on the NCL Pearl. It was the first U.S. cruise for this ship. That was back in December of 2006. Anyhow, we had a mini suite. Above us was one of the restaurant. While getting ready for dinner one night we could hear people walking above us, low mumble of voises, etc.

Regardless of the ship or cruiseline, several folks have indicating taking a room here or there based upon location, size, balcony, etc. Several of these rooms appear to be directly over or below a restaurant and or night club. My questions is geared more towards the night clubs. How much of the smoke and noise gets filtered out by the walls and floors? Just curious because it would suck going to bed early and being kept awake by noise and or smoke. Anyone ever had a problem with this issue? If so, which ship?

You never want to be under or above the clubs, or pool area. I always book in between decks with all cabins. You hear the thump of music in the bars and the scraping of chairs at the pool morning and night.

Archived