Brand New To Celebrity

Catalina56

We are elite Princess Captain Circle members. We are making plans to go on the Transatlantic Solstice sailing on April 19, 2009. We can't decide on the Aquaclass (AQ), Concierge (C2) or (C1). We are confused about the C2 and CI and the $1,000. price difference and yet the cabins are not that far apart. What kind of amenities does one get in Concierge category.

Also, what are "Tuesday Specials"? Thanks for helping us.

Catalina56

Hi Catalina! Welcome to Celebrity. The Solstice is a beautiful ship, or at least looks that way right now on paper, so I'm hopeful you'll have a new favorite cruiseline!

I can't answer all your questions, but I can answer a couple and offer my opinion (Take it or leave it, your choice!)

AQ is a new cabin that is supposed to make use of the close proximity to the Aqua Spa. Also gives priority access to Blue, the Solstice Class spa-inspired restaurant.

Here's the list from Celebrity's website:

AquaClass Indulgences:

• Welcome champagne

• Daily fruit selection

• Fresh-cut flowers

• Daily hors d'oeuvres

• Unlimited access to the AquaSpa relaxation room and the Persian Garden

• Complimentary daily bottled water and iced tea

• Special programming and wellness classes

• Menu of pillows-Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

• Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

• Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag, Frette bathrobes

• Hansgrohe® showerhead

• VIP invitations to events

• Early embarkation and debarkation

• Dining and seating preference

• Preference on shore excursions

• Express luggage delivery

• Shoeshine service

Concierge Class is the same size cabin but with none of the spa stuff, instead you get the following:

Concierge Class Indulgences:

• Welcome champagne

• Daily fruit selection

• Fresh-cut flowers

• Daily hors d'oeuvres

• Pillow Menu - Conformance, Body,Goose, and Isotonic®

• Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

• Leather key holder, personalized stationery and a tote bag

• Frette bathrobes

• Hansgrohe® showerhead

• VIP invitations to events

• Dining and seating preference

• Preference on shore excursions

• Express luggage delivery

• Shoeshine service

The C1 vs. C2 has everything to do with location and the ship layout I think.

My opinion is that Concierge Class doesn't justify the price Celebrity asks. Celebrity started offering this class on their previous M class ships and it was received with mixed reactions, from those I cruise with.

My choice on the Solstice Class (we're on the Equinox in 10/09) is the Sunset Verandah. None of the special amenities but a larger deck on the aft of the ship.

I have no idea what Tuesday specials are. Good luck and enjoy the cruise!!

Aqua class doesn't get priority access to Blu - it is their assigned dining room. In fact when we booked both the Solstice and Equinox, the reservation person made a point of asking if we were cruising with anyone else and if so, if one of us chose Aqua class, all would have to in order to dine together.

Also the Aqua class cabins are only for 2 no triples or quads - so it should be all adults on that section of the deck.

We are elite Princess Captain Circle members. We are making plans to go on the Transatlantic Solstice sailing on April 19, 2009. We can't decide on the Aquaclass (AQ), Concierge (C2) or (C1). We are confused about the C2 and CI and the $1,000. price difference and yet the cabins are not that far apart. What kind of amenities does one get in Concierge category.

Also, what are "Tuesday Specials"? Thanks for helping us.

Catalina56

Welcome, Catalina!

We just booked an Aquaclass stateroom on the Solstice for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise. At first I thought there must be a typo in your post, as on our cruise, the difference between an Aquaclass stateroom and a CI stateroom is only $100.00 pp and then only $100.00 pp difference between C1 and C2. But you are absolutely right about the $1000.00 per couple! That makes C2 a big bargain :D, especially if you can get a room close to the C1 locations.

As far as I can tell, the only difference between C1 and C2 is that the C1 staterooms are midship. That makes me ask the question...how much movement are they expecting fore and aft on the Transatlatic that they are discounting those cabins by $1000? Really, doesn't make much sense to me, but I haven't done a transatlantic yet, nor sailed on a ship as large as the Solstice.

Maybe someone with more experience in this area can comment on what would account for a $1000 difference between C1 and C2.:confused:

Archived