NY Port to LGA - Can we make this?

PassionFruit

We are arriving back in NY on the NCL Spirit on Sat, 5/17. We currently have flights that don't leave until 5/18, but I'd really like to get on home. The only flight we can take out of LGA that will get us back to Houston in time to make the connection to our regional airport departs at 1:10 pm. If our ship is not scheduled to dock until 10:00 am, can we make a 1:10 flight? I've already scheduled a limo service that will take us to the hotel or airport depending on which we do. We will be flying Continental, so we could check our luggage through with NCL so we wouldn't have to check it ourselves, and we could print our boarding passes the night before from the ship. However, we will be traveling with my grandparents and our 1-year-old son, so no running to the terminal. Any advice is appreciated since I really, really want to get on home, but don't want to risk missing the flight.

BTW -- I'm also posting this on the NCL board as some of them might be familiar with how quickly you can get off the ship.

We are arriving back in NY on the NCL Spirit on Sat, 5/17. We currently have flights that don't leave until 5/18, but I'd really like to get on home. The only flight we can take out of LGA that will get us back to Houston in time to make the connection to our regional airport departs at 1:10 pm. If our ship is not scheduled to dock until 10:00 am, can we make a 1:10 flight? I've already scheduled a limo service that will take us to the hotel or airport depending on which we do. We will be flying Continental, so we could check our luggage through with NCL so we wouldn't have to check it ourselves, and we could print our boarding passes the night before from the ship. However, we will be traveling with my grandparents and our 1-year-old son, so no running to the terminal. Any advice is appreciated since I really, really want to get on home, but don't want to risk missing the flight.

BTW -- I'm also posting this on the NCL board as some of them might be familiar with how quickly you can get off the ship.

I would check with the airline and see what happens if you miss the 1:10 flight. While it is possible to make the flight it is really a crap shoot. If anything goes wrong with late arrival, extended time to get the luggage unloaded or customs lines/issues I cannot see how you can make a 1:10pm flight from LaGuardia. The only way it will work if you pack light and take the luggage off with you instead of leaving it for the crew to unload. You need to be at LGA by around noon in order to get the luggage checked in. It is a half hour to 45 minute ride from the port to LGA assuming no traffic. If the airline puts you on the next flight with no charge you might want to try it but beware the next flight might be already full and it could take a longer time to get home.

Have you checked flights out of Newark or even Southwest out of Islip for later in the day? While these are not preferred airports if they have late day connections to your final destination it is worth considring.

Archived