Gala evenings on Emerald

My old man wants to wear a blazer instead of a lounge suit (there's no way he's wearing a DJ, he doesn't have one, but he does have decent suits to pick from). Will it look 'out of place'?

He'd like to skip the Gala evenings altogether but I'm not having any of it. The cruise is HIS idea so I plan to do EVERYTHING! ;)

He will be fine. Thomson are very good with formal nights. I like to get dressed up but my friend dosent so I had my DJ, my wife had the long dress and my friend just had an open necked shirt and none of us looked out of place or felt uncomfortable. Many people had suits on. You will get your photo taken with the captian on the way in. Do go though it is a good night and your husband will love it.

Any idea how much the photo/s are ?

Can't remember the actual price but I seem to recall they were expensive......also the "frame" is a tad gash. They also sell the photo's in keyrings etc :eek:

My old man wants to wear a blazer instead of a lounge suit (there's no way he's wearing a DJ, he doesn't have one, but he does have decent suits to pick from). Will it look 'out of place'?

He'd like to skip the Gala evenings altogether but I'm not having any of it. The cruise is HIS idea so I plan to do EVERYTHING! ;)

I'm laughing my head off here Sagalout. T'was not long ago you were dubious about the cruise, and now look at you, you're ready !!

Like I said before, it's what you make of it that will determine how much you both will enjoy. If your old man will feel more relaxed and comfortable in a blazer, so be it :)

I wish you'd hurry up and get on the cruise, I'm absolutely dying to know how it went. It's like reading a book and not being able finish the last page :p

Hi Sagalout,

My wife bought 2 large photos and 1 slightly smaller one on Destiny at easter and the 3 came to £40. Not cheap but they captured the captains night for us nicely. A blazer would fit in very well for captains night. Cheers Chris.

A blazer it is then, thanks for responses.

Swerve - have hovered between starting to look forward to it and feeling decidedly 'underwhelmed' by the prospect. Great to see how many of you have quite a history with Thomsons, reassures me no end. If it was rubbish you wouldn't all keep going back for more.

Been on the Nile and Yangtze but that is 'floating on a boat' not bobbing about in the sea on a ship (and we weren't stuck on them for 14 nights). However, I did learn to carve a whole gaggle of geese from nothing more than an onion and a carrot so if anyone on the cruise wants me to do something spectacular with a carrot - I'm their woman!!

Hi We did our first cruise on the Celebration in November (we are hooked). I wore a long dress for the Gala night but my husband wore smart trousers and a jacket. (No tie, he forgot to pack one) and we didn't feel underdressed. Some peole go over the top but as long as you are comfortable do as you lease. After all its YOUR holiday

Regards

Taylaboo:)

You wait till you see the amazing things the chefs do with their fruit and vegetables !!!! and of course the ice carving!!

[Dick Emery Mode]Ooh, you are awful...............but I like you[Dick Emery Mode Off]:D

Archived