Anything we shouldn't miss on road to or from Rum POint?

lawiggin

We have rented a car to go to Rum Point for the day. Is there anything local (bar, restaurant, sightseeing) on the road that we should not miss? I keep thinking there must be something besides the beach to do while we are seeing the island.

There is the Queen Elizabeth Botanic Park about halfway there, if you're into that sort of thing. Pretty Gardens with blue iguanas wandering about - it's kinda nice.

I think you can also arrange a snorkeling tour from Rum Point - it's really close to Stingray City.

Other than that, I can't think of anything - Grand Cayman is a pretty laid-back place. Beaches & snorkeling are pretty much the things to do there. (Since those are my favorite things to do, no wonder it's one of my favorite ports! :D)

The best gift shop on the island is about a mile out of town. The front of the building (it's an old house) faces the street you will turn on, and it will be on your left side, as you are leaving town.

http://www.pureart.ky/

It's on the way, but only if you head down South Church Street to South Sound Road! This is not on the route from the airport where many car rental firms are based.

It's on the way, but only if you head down South Church Street to South Sound Road! This is not on the route from the airport where many car rental firms are based.

True. But it's in that direction and worth looking for. Each time we go over to that side of the island, that's the direction we go (past Pure Art). :)

Archived