*Genesis Inaugural Sailing*

I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread. I was going to post the link to. Shouldn't you be working or something??;)

No, right now I am ignoring phone calls...lol

Raina - did you mean "pre-inaugural" or inaugural? I remember when FOS traveled down the coast doing overnight cruises for TAs and VIP's.

I feel so silly, I knew there was a cc group going, but I was remembering when the Freedom and Liberty had like a 1 day sailing for people to preview the ship?

I haven't checked out the site for the cc group going and now i'm really interested!! :D

Yep! :D

So to answer your question then, no I haven't seen anything about the pre-inaugural. ;)

And frankly I hope they don't because that's just one week more I have to wait to step foot on the ship. :D

The inaugural is suppose to be Fall 09 and leave from Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and as of yet, we have no idea what ports.

I believe the OP was referring to "pre-inaugural" sailings where people are invited for a free night or two at sea on the ship before it officially sails.

Free and Cruise...two of my favorite words!! Even better when they are together in the same sentence!! I wish I could do a pre-inaugural....<sigh>

Free and Cruise...two of my favorite words!! Even better when they are together in the same sentence!! I wish I could do a pre-inaugural....<sigh>

We could BEG for an invite!!!! :D Know what would be cool. I could get on Genesis up here, then pick you up on the way down...lol. And then we could just continue on with the INaugural.

Now THAT would be awesome! No airfare! :D

Host Karen do you think they will do the free "pre-cruise? And choose people again? :rolleyes:

Not sure why they wouldn't. I am sure that the PR machine for RCI will be up and running at full steam in the weeks and months before its debut and introducing the ship to VIPs, travel industry leaders and loyal RCI cruisers means good PR for the ship and for the line in general. Pre-inaugural cruises for Freedom and Liberty generated plenty of good publicity for them and I have to imagine that similar programs for the first Genesis project ship would do the same.:)

Host Karen do you think they will do the free "pre-cruise? And choose people again? :rolleyes:

I wish! If I were to get an invitation, I'd be happy to post photos for you. LOL Seriously, I have no idea but I think the Cruise Critic inclusion on Liberty was a one-time thing. I agree with Bill, though, that Royal Caribbean frequent passengers will be invited -- and there will be plenty of room for those D+ members!

No, I won't be on the inaugural. I'm just not an inaugural kinda gal. Since I plan so far in advance, I'm not willing to take the chance that a ship won't sail on time.

Karen

Archived